• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Data use abroad

billy1561

May 15, 2010
England
Firstly i apologise if this has been covered elsewhere?
I am travelling to Spain next week and wondered if i would incur any extra costs if i took my desire with me? I would only use it for checking emails and a limited amount of web browsing. My current plan gives me 500mb of data use on Orange.
Many thanks,
Billy.

Could you update and let me know. It was definitely the case last year with there browsing bundle. Only im going to spain next week also.
Thanks
have rung orange and they had to set up roaming via a text message and then it is 5 pounds per every 3 mb of data used. Just call them a couple of days before you depart and let them know how many 3 mb bundles you want. They last for 30 days. Also for a fiver you can get calls out reduced to 28 p a min from 38 p and incoming free instead of 19 p. All of these are for 200 minutes. Allj texts are 11 p

Reactions: Lps
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
...Tesco... Not sure about payg with data though.

I did come across these guys:...giffgaff...
You can pick up a 3G PAYG SIM from any Vodafone store(and loads of other places too), but I found out that despite what you're told in store Orange PAYG SIMs are NOT 3G! and GPRS is painfully slow if you're used to 3G.

I'm with giffgaff, and can't really fault them, but they don't have stores, so you need to have a UK address for the SIM to be posted to.

For people who travel a lot, or have work/personal phones, I'm glad to see that dual SIM phones are finally going to be available from a major player (Nokia), can't wait for this to catch on; can you imagine how useful a dual SIM Android smartphone could be? and it's not something that AT&T/Apple would be interested in doing, as you couldn't lock it to a specific network if it's designed for travel.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones