1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Apps Database export

Discussion in 'Android Development' started by johnyp, Jan 4, 2014.

1. johnyp

johnyp Lurker
    None

Jan 4, 2014
    Hello to all.

I have been developing for windows for a long time but now i want to start at android too but need urgent an apk tool to export records from a database.

This is my cenario:

I have pink messenger installed in a phone that i use to track my childs chats.
    Pink messenger has a database named threads_db with a table named nessages that holds the chats.

Every 10 seconds that table is updated from what it finds online at facebook server so even if i go offline i can still see chat history. The only bad think is that if my kid delete a thread from facebook pink messenger auto delete the thread from database also so i am loosing the history.

What i need is a simple tool to keep checking the table for new records and when a new one is found to be added to another database that has the exact same structure with the original. That way tool will add records to the second one that will never loose when deleted from first one.

It would be easy i think for this operation to be performed as the table has a unique key that names msg_id so a select statement can take place and update the second database only with new records.

I am willing to pay something for that tool also.

Thank you.

Advertisement

2. JVene

JVene Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 2, 2014
    Is the database a flavor of SQL? Do you know which one?

3. johnyp

johnyp Lurker
    None

Jan 4, 2014
    It is sqlite. I managed to make an app using vb4android but it seems i have some root issues here! I will soon manage it but if you can help is ok with me :).
    Thank you.