• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Date an app was installed / date a phone was rooted

Is this a used phone you purchased? If it is then you purchased a rooted phone. Superuser is an app installed during the rooting process.

But to answer you question, No, there is no way to find out when it was installed. You would have to find out when the phone was rooted. It would have been installed at that time.

This is actually a device that I sold and has been returned to me. Upon inspection I noticed superuser and thought that meant that the person that bought it rooted the device.

I wanted to find out when this happened so I can prove that they did this.

Upvote 0
Not really.

Was the box unopened when you gave it to this person? If the unit was NIB then they definitively rooted the phone. I don't know of any phones that come from the OEM rooted.

This was sold online and was shipped NIB. My fear is that its my word again his and I wanted to have some real proof that the root was done within the time frame that he had possession of the tablet.

Thank you for the assistance and advice.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones