• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Date format

Meh

Sep 22, 2009
Well I've decided on my two fav ROMs - Oxygen and Redux, due to their overall lightness and lack of apps I have no use for. Only problem, and I've encountered it on each, is the date format.

I'm in the UK and as such use day/month/year. Both ROMs allow this format in setting, and change the date format in calendar, messages, etc. But the date format in the status bar remains fixed at month/day.

I've always done a full wipe before flashing, and have checked language setting etc.

Anyone else get this or have a fix?

Yeah it was correct in CM7 for me too when I tried that. The home button didn't work though! If I remember right GingerVillain had the correct format in the status bar but then that's based on CM7 I believe.

It's weird, the format is day/month/year when I view calendar entries, but when I'm creating a new entry the date sections are in month/day/year order.

It's a shame as Oxygen is otherwise just what I'm looking for. But I find the lack of consistency just too annoying :(

Upvote 0
I can add DevNull to the list of ROMs with stubborn date format in places.

Does this mean the problem is with Android itself as opposed to the ROMs?

DevNull is (correct me if I'm wrong) essentially Android with bits to make it work on the Desire. Are DevNull, Oxygen, and Redux taken independently from AOSP or are they built on code from one or the other? Basically does this look a problem at source, or one introduced in a ROM somewhere along the line and carried into other ROMs?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones