• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Date resets when transferring pics from PC to phone?

I recently upgraded my phone (from a Droid X to the new Galaxy S7 Edge) and wanted to move all my pictures over of course. I saved everything to my PC and to the Verizon cloud, but whenever I move them over to my new phone it resets the date & taken date to whatever the current time/date is.

Does anyone know how to fix this? It's really important to me to have all of my pics in chronological order (helps me remember what things happened when, my memory is pretty crap for someone under 30 lol) and it's super frustrating that it keeps resetting!

By the way I'm using QuickPic as my photo viewing app, and the sort options are; name, size, date, and taken date.

Thanks in advance!

Try another galley app, one that actually uses the embedded EXIF information to show the dates taken and for sorting them, rather than just using the file dates, and of course file dates are modified when you copy them from one device to another. Can't recommend anything in particular, but should be something on Google Play that will do what you need. Don't recommend QuickPic these days anyway, not since it's now a Cheetah Mobile product.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones