• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Date you ordered and received the phone vs. "will ship by" date

Man I bet you are getting excited Red. What's the first thing you're gonna do after your charge etc?

Oh I am getting excited! It's frustrating though at the same time since my phone has been in my town since sat morning at 3am! I'm going to let someone else do the honors or taking it out of the box and start the charging process for me if it gets there before I get home from work. But other than that I'll be taking it to the Verizon store, have everything transferred over and activate it on the eligible number until the next day when I can switch it to mine. But this weekend I have been searching on AppBrain and making myself a list so I can download them all at once. and I've been looking at the other threads of how people are laying out each home screen lol can't wait for it! also my zagg shield should be arriving the same day!

Upvote 0
Oh I am getting excited! It's frustrating though at the same time since my phone has been in my town since sat morning at 3am! I'm going to let someone else do the honors or taking it out of the box and start the charging process for me if it gets there before I get home from work. But other than that I'll be taking it to the Verizon store, have everything transferred over and activate it on the eligible number until the next day when I can switch it to mine. But this weekend I have been searching on AppBrain and making myself a list so I can download them all at once. and I've been looking at the other threads of how people are laying out each home screen lol can't wait for it! also my zagg shield should be arriving the same day!

I've spent a fair amount ot time on appbrain myself lol. I find it difficult to choose exactly what I want. I've made a list or two but I think I'll have to play with the phone to see what's what before I install anything. I think I'm interested in a third party sms program and I might have to do weatherbug because I'm accustomed to being warned to adverse weather.
The bottom line though I'm not certain what I want until I check out the pre-installed stuffs. I too will take my Dinc to my local vz store for my contacts and activation etc. I'll mess with sitting up my social stuff and my emails. I have a 16g sim that's full of tunes I plan on removing from the storm and installing on the Dinc. I hope that transaction goes smoothly.

All weekend and around the corner... WoW. I bet that has been difficult.

Upvote 0
Another night you're on my mind
I'm hypnotized but I cannot find the signs
The signs for the tubes to come home
I need the tube to get home
Another night, I'm here alone
My eyes so tired from staring at this phone

Why won't you call and come home?
Please call and come home
And I know you won't come just for the cash
Will you come for my bangers...
My beans and mash?

Upvote 0
Happy July 4th everyone!! Hope everyones staying strong, luckily I've been distracted this whole weekend. Hopefully everyone else is enjoying their holiday too :). 15 more days to go ..

15 days.. OUCH!! Well I guess I was there and done that now that I think about it. Hell.. I might still be there lol. Can't wait until we all are Dinc-ing our butts off.

Upvote 0
^^^

That is not haiku.

Get back on track! ;)

Happy 4th, everyone. Keep the faith, hang in there, etc.

Five haiku today
Happy fourth to everyone
Nice to have day off

Hope Tuesday is good
Should ship plenty of phones out
Can not wait to play

Two haiku's later
Going out to see fireworks
Addicted to thread

Upvote 0
I've spent a fair amount ot time on appbrain myself lol. I find it difficult to choose exactly what I want. I've made a list or two but I think I'll have to play with the phone to see what's what before I install anything. I think I'm interested in a third party sms program and I might have to do weatherbug because I'm accustomed to being warned to adverse weather.
The bottom line though I'm not certain what I want until I check out the pre-installed stuffs. I too will take my Dinc to my local vz store for my contacts and activation etc. I'll mess with sitting up my social stuff and my emails. I have a 16g sim that's full of tunes I plan on removing from the storm and installing on the Dinc. I hope that transaction goes smoothly.

All weekend and around the corner... WoW. I bet that has been difficult.

Yeah I do want to see what the phone comes with before installing everything because I might miss out on something cool. The HTC widgets seem pretty nice and just to get used to the Sense UI and just having a smartphone in general! I do need to get a bigger SD card so I can throw music on it and everything, but until then Pandora will do the charm.

And it really has been right around the corner, 3 miles away.

Hope everyone enjoyed their 4th!

Upvote 0
Yeah I do want to see what the phone comes with before installing everything because I might miss out on something cool. The HTC widgets seem pretty nice and just to get used to the Sense UI and just having a smartphone in general! I do need to get a bigger SD card so I can throw music on it and everything, but until then Pandora will do the charm.

And it really has been right around the corner, 3 miles away.

Hope everyone enjoyed their 4th!

No smart phone before? If that's the case you are going to have a ball.
I've had a storm for a couple of years. Though it is slow and often locks up... the access is a spoiler for sure. A faster processor, sense ui, and a browser that one can use has me excited. Sd cards can be had cheaply off ebay. I started out with an eight gig and then bought a sixteen. Still have the eight.. nobody wants an eight any more because the prices have dropped so dramaticaly on sd cards. I do think you have the right idea... steady as you go. There will be plenty to play with prior to installing apps.
Wait and install things you need and want.. after you've made up your mind just what that might be.

Upvote 0
I've had a storm for a couple of years. Though it is slow and often locks up... the access is a spoiler for sure. A faster processor, sense ui, and a browser that one can use has me excited. Sd cards can be had cheaply off ebay. I started out with an eight gig and then bought a sixteen. Still have the eight.. nobody wants an eight any more because the prices have dropped so dramaticaly on sd cards. I do think you have the right idea... steady as you go. There will be plenty to play with prior to installing apps.
Wait and install things you need and want.. after you've made up your mind just what that might be.

Right now I'm coming off an LG env2 in which the front panel doesn't really work anymore. I have to open my phone up to answer calls and the only thing I can really do on the front is end a call and that's about it. So I can't wait to get rid of it haha I'm definitely looking forward to having everything at my finger tips where ever I go and I've waited long enough for it so the DInc should be perfect! Good idea about going on ebay, I'll have to check that out and pick up a cheap one

Upvote 0

I am like REdSox566. This will be my first smart phone, so I am REALLY excited to get a smart phone in general, and to get the Incredible specifically.

Upvote 0
Right now I'm coming off an LG env2 in which the front panel doesn't really work anymore. I have to open my phone up to answer calls and the only thing I can really do on the front is end a call and that's about it. So I can't wait to get rid of it haha I'm definitely looking forward to having everything at my finger tips where ever I go and I've waited long enough for it so the DInc should be perfect! Good idea about going on ebay, I'll have to check that out and pick up a cheap one

I bought my card over a year ago.. haven't looked since. I'm quite sure they are to be had for a song and a dance these days. Now that they have 32 gig chips you can bet the 16s are way cheap. btw, 16g is a lot of storage.

Upvote 0
I bought my card over a year ago.. haven't looked since. I'm quite sure they are to be had for a song and a dance these days. Now that they have 32 gig chips you can bet the 16s are way cheap. btw, 16g is a lot of storage.

16gb is definitely plenty of space. I don't see myself even filling that up but who knows haha I checked on ebay and the 16gb are between $25-30 and I saw a 32gb go for $35 so they're not too bad

Upvote 0
16gb is definitely plenty of space. I don't see myself even filling that up but who knows haha I checked on ebay and the 16gb are between $25-30 and I saw a 32gb go for $35 so they're not too bad

That does seem plenty reasonable. I think I gave over $40 for mine. I'm a music hog so I had no problem filling mine with tunes... I've collected for many years. There are other uses for a sd card lol. My daughter takes dozens of pics on her eris daily. The storm made little use of the sd card as far as apps go. It looks like that too has changed. I have gathered that many apps write to a sd card by default and thus the reason vz/htc decided to include a 2g card. I might have to opt for a bigger card lol. 32 for 35 seems a bargain.

Upvote 0
He tried anyway :) I like Steven but it was a bit me a fail. I could be wrong of course but isn't haiku is 5-7-5? HIs was 5 5 5. I do appreciate the effort though.

Well in Kansas we say on-ly and Ju-ly lol. I understand the topic was sticky longer than they wanted. Guess we have no complaints. It will stay at the top with the traffic and all anyway. Even if it was buried on page ten I'd find it. I need the comfort of these four walls to stay sane.

Upvote 0
Well in Kansas we say on-ly and Ju-ly lol. I understand the topic was sticky longer than they wanted. Guess we have no complaints. It will stay at the top with the traffic and all anyway. Even if it was buried on page ten I'd find it. I need the comfort of these four walls to stay sane.

Same in Illinois, on-ly and Ju-ly. The email notifications help me keep a link to this thread, and it lets me know when someone posts so I don't have to keep refreshing. Is everyone ready for the big rush of shipping notifications that should be going out tomorrow? I am charging my apple iTouch my self pod tonight to keep checking my emails.

Upvote 0
Same in Illinois, on-ly and Ju-ly. The email notifications help me keep a link to this thread, and it lets me know when someone posts so I don't have to keep refreshing. Is everyone ready for the big rush of shipping notifications that should be going out tomorrow? I am charging my apple iTouch my self pod tonight to keep checking my emails.

Man am I ready for a notification.. WoW! I'm ready for delivery too lol.
I have my phone with me 24/7 so I'll catch an email if I get one. I guess I'll find out from a csr in one of my many calls first however lol.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones