• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Date you ordered and received the phone vs. "will ship by" date

My wife's Dinc came in yesterday & it has a different box and SKU than what came with mine (ordered pre-release). I haven't really compared the 2 phones side by side closely enough to notice a difference yet, but was wondering if anyone knew the difference between the two SKUs. The April phone came in a white box and has a verizon wireless sku of ADR6300VW. The phone ordered on 6/13 and received on 7/8 came in a grey box with a SKU of ADR6300VW2. I know the 2GB microSD card was pre-installed on the newer phone, but I don't know if that is the only difference.

Upvote 0
6/6 order.. Called VZW a moment ago and they informed me that I cancelled my order on June 7 (see my earlier post about this)!!!!

Mind you I spoke to them yesterday and they were expediting my order and "everything was peaches and flowers". Man did I give 'em hell today!!! They have a major incompetency, supply chain and logistical problem that needs worked out! The gloves are off. I'm done playing nice.

This forum provides great ammo against companies and their shit practices against consumers. As long as we stay informed they have no excuses anymore.

Want to give 'em a piece of your mind. Here's a direct line to Dan, a supervisor who has blatantly lied to me (and others for sure!) 910-794-7453

If I don't get my phone (with some freebies) by next week they just lost my business.

The same thing happened to me! I ordered on 6/10. I then called 6/11 to confirm and the CSR told me everything was fine. Then, I called back a week later, again, I was told everything was fine. I then called 7/2 and some how my order was canceled on 6/15 for no reason what so ever. I raised hell about this with three different supervisors but they would not cave. I reordered 7/3 and am expecting it 7/30.

I so want to cancel my service but sadly to say it would hurt me more than it would hurt them.

Upvote 0
My wife's Dinc came in yesterday & it has a different box and SKU than what came with mine (ordered pre-release). I haven't really compared the 2 phones side by side closely enough to notice a difference yet, but was wondering if anyone knew the difference between the two SKUs. The April phone came in a white box and has a verizon wireless sku of ADR6300VW. The phone ordered on 6/13 and received on 7/8 came in a grey box with a SKU of ADR6300VW2. I know the 2GB microSD card was pre-installed on the newer phone, but I don't know if that is the only difference.
The only other difference is the newer one has the DROID branding. (says it on box)

I want to buy an extra battery, what would you guys recommend? thanks
its mostly a matter of preference, there's a 1500 you can get for 15 dollars, the seidio 1750 for 40 bucks on amazon, or if you don't care about you phone getting bigger there is a 2150 through verizon you can order for 60, OR a 3500 from seidio.

Reactions: MrYensid
Upvote 0
The only other difference is the newer one has the DROID branding. (says it on box)

its mostly a matter of preference, there's a 1500 you can get for 15 dollars, the seidio 1750 for 40 bucks on amazon, or if you don't care about you phone getting bigger there is a 2150 through verizon you can order for 60, OR a 3500 from seidio.

but doesn't the 3500 make you're phone about an inch bigger from front to back? I mean I know some people wouldn't mind but that's one hell of an inconvenience to me.

Oh, to stephanie. When you buy the battery, if you do, make sure it comes with the back. Some sites sell just the battery. Just make sure you buy one that comes with the back, because if you don't, you're phone wont have one if you happen to get a bigger battery.

Upvote 0

but doesn't the 3500 make you're phone about an inch bigger from front to back? I mean I know some people wouldn't mind but that's one hell of an inconvenience to me.
it does, so does the 2150(the 2150 being only slightly smaller). I'm with you though, don't like the extra width), the 1750 is the biggest you can get without getting a new back. And any place that sells a bigger battery that needs a new back but doesn't provide the new back is prolly not reputable/ worth messing with

Upvote 0
Good afternoon all, still been checking FedEx like crazy. How come they will ship it to the destination sort facility but not the destination on saturdays? Its almost painful to watch the tracking. It went into Newark, NJ at 10:49 yesterday but didn't leave until 11:52 pm:mad: O well 2 days to go half of today, tomorrow then half of monday! Anyone get 2 day shipping shipped from West Chester, PA to a destination in the 1 day ground area and actually get it in 1 day?

Upvote 0
it does, so does the 2150(the 2150 being only slightly smaller). I'm with you though, don't like the extra width), the 1750 is the biggest you can get without getting a new back. And any place that sells a bigger battery that needs a new back but doesn't provide the new back is prolly not reputable/ worth messing with
the battery makes the phone wider?

Upvote 0
Good afternoon all, still been checking FedEx like crazy. How come they will ship it to the destination sort facility but not the destination on saturdays? Its almost painful to watch the tracking. It went into Newark, NJ at 10:49 yesterday but didn't leave until 11:52 pm:mad: O well 2 days to go half of today, tomorrow then half of monday! Anyone get 2 day shipping shipped from West Chester, PA to a destination in the 1 day ground area and actually get it in 1 day?

Fed Ex has a Sat Delivery option but it's pretty expensive. The only people that really use it are business people shipping important documents.

Basically, they use the weekends to move packages around their sort facilities and that's about it. They have very few actual delivery drivers on staff over the weekends, just their facility people.

I know it's hard to watch it sit there when you are anxiously awaiting something, but that's how it's always been. They prioritize their packages based on the timeframe allowed. They process overnight stuff before 2 day, and 2 day before ground and so on. You just have to remember that they have millions of packages going through there every day.

For what its worth, I can't remember a single time that they have ever been late on a delivery or lost my package. I don't use them a lot (I find UPS to be cheaper) but when I do it's always been a good experience.

Upvote 0
For what its worth, I can't remember a single time that they have ever been late on a delivery or lost my package. I don't use them a lot (I find UPS to be cheaper) but when I do it's always been a good experience.

Ya I have ordered a lot of stuff online because I'm in to Electric and Nitro r/c cars and I always preferred FedEx and thought they were the best and I always try and use them when I order stuff online which is a lot. I just want the phone so bad haha its the delerium talking not me.:p

Upvote 0
My phone is sitting at a fedex facility 15mins from my house was wondering if i called them if I could pick it up? Anyone tryed this?
FWIW,
I went and picked mine up from the local FedEx facility at 10am this morning.
As long as they are open (usually to 5 on Sat) then you'll have no problems.

So I got mine. Charged it a little bit, activated it with no issues and now trying to figure out some of the new features.

Upvote 0
Lol, You guys are so mean, telling stories on how you guys got yours wen a lot of us are still waiting til next week. Heres a question though. Why does every post that talks about using it usually have "... charged it for 8 hours...turned it on"? I mean, why don't touch it til its completely charged and then turn it on?

Are you asking why they're charging it for 8 hours?
If you read this Got new stock battery - big improvement you'll see how much his battery changed. I know i'll be charging mine 8 hours before I turn it on.

Upvote 0
I just noticed that my shipping info says that my package weights 2lbs. that doesn't sound right does it? cause i ordered the phone with a car charger, a case and 3 screen protectors. It sound weight more than 2lbs, shouldn't it?

Mine is just the phone and it was 2 lbs at first then it changed to 3lbs so maybe the scales are messed up:thinking:

Reactions: iwantmydroid
Upvote 0
I just noticed that my shipping info says that my package weights 2lbs. that doesn't sound right does it? cause i ordered the phone with a car charger, a case and 3 screen protectors. It sound weight more than 2lbs, shouldn't it?

Sometimes they round up for weights...when I worked at a UPS Store, all our labels had even weights, (2 lbs, 3 lbs, etc) and didn't mention ounces, even if there were some ounces involved (1.6 lbs, 2.6 lbs, etc)

Upvote 0
I called and got my TRACKING NUMBER!!!!
Ordered in store 6/15
Promised ship date 7/12
Called CSR today and actual ship date 7/9
Scheduled delivery July 13th by 7 pm
I thought I was going to lose my mind before that phone ever got here. Thanks to everyone on this board who understands the misery of waiting:D My family just wants to kill me when I even start to mention it, but you all understand.

Upvote 0
I called and got my TRACKING NUMBER!!!!
Ordered in store 6/15
Promised ship date 7/12
Called CSR today and actual ship date 7/9
Scheduled delivery July 13th by 7 pm
I thought I was going to lose my mind before that phone ever got here. Thanks to everyone on this board who understands the misery of waiting:D My family just wants to kill me when I even start to mention it, but you all understand.

Woohooo!!!!!!!! The long-awaited shipping notice!! Congrats, the end is now in sight. I am a 6/15er also. Still waiting. Mine was ordered through work, so I am not sure I will ever get any notice using 611 or csr. I will just continue to wait as patiently as I possibly can. Again, congratulations.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones