• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Date you ordered and received the phone vs. "will ship by" date

I had a missed call from Verizon at 8:30AM today (yes, 8:30AM on a Sunday. Idiots). I called it back and could press 1 if I'm calling about a past due bill (my account is up to date) or press 2 if I'm calling about activating a phone. So I press 2 (hoping that maybe they decided they could ship me a phone early) but I get a "call during normal business hours" message. So I call back and try "1" and get the same message. So I dial *611 and they tell me they have no idea why I got that call. Damn.

Upvote 0
I think people who buy the X are already big headed. :p Ignorant too. That thing is just unattractive. Sure the screen is big so it could fit more on it, but thats just about it. theres nothin' special about it. Whats the difference on the inside really? Ok, it shoots 720P, is a wifi hotspot (if u pay). And guess what gets that soon? The incredible. Thats it. Just seems like a waste of cash, I mean the incredible is Verizons best selling phone, the X might beat it, but thats only because people switch their preorders. : / the X just seems like a...waste of space. Its too big for its own good.

Motorola isn't stupid they do market studies, Verizon does market studies and I'm sure they see a market for it and from reading the boards here its obvious they were correct. The incredible is awsome but for me and MANY others something bigger will work better for our needs. It will not be a waste of space to those that want it. :D

I'll be returning my Dinc Thursday :eek: It was fun while it lasted but looking forward to less eye strain and easier typing with the bigger screen and bigger keyboards.

To each his own.

Enjoy your Incredibles

Upvote 0
Motorola isn't stupid they do market studies, Verizon does market studies and I'm sure they see a market for it and from reading the boards here its obvious they were correct. The incredible is awsome but for me and MANY others something bigger will work better for our needs. It will not be a waste of space to those that want it. :D

I'll be returning my Dinc Thursday :eek: It was fun while it lasted but looking forward to less eye strain and easier typing with the bigger screen and bigger keyboards.

To each his own.

Enjoy your Incredibles
yup. Some people have bigger fingers, poorer eyesight, etc. The inc targets a certain market. AT&T has a newer droid phone that's smaller than the inc. That targets another market. The EVO and X target another market. The iPhone is 1-size fits all. Choice is great.

Reactions: NightAngel79
Upvote 0
I called and got my TRACKING NUMBER!!!!
Ordered in store 6/15
Promised ship date 7/12
Called CSR today and actual ship date 7/9
Scheduled delivery July 13th by 7 pm
I thought I was going to lose my mind before that phone ever got here. Thanks to everyone on this board who understands the misery of waiting:D My family just wants to kill me when I even start to mention it, but you all understand.
Congrats, update us in a few days when you are tired of playing with your new toy!

Upvote 0
Sad news. My beloved voyager died peacefully in her sleep last night. For the last week or so she hasn't had the energy she once had and needed some iv fluids during the day to keep her going. This morning when I unhooked her tubes she took one last breath and drifted off to forever land. Even more devastating, my incredible is still not here and won't be for another 12 days or so...sniff sniff

Upvote 0
Hey all, I'm another one who has been checking around here to see when peoples orders are shipping. Woke up this morning to an email notification for Verizon that was sent out at 8:30 a.m.

Ordered: 06-17 In Store
Promised Date: By 07-15
Ship Date: July 11 8:38 a.m.
Estimated Delivery Date: 07-13 by 3:00 p.m.
Shipping to Milwaukee, WI

Upvote 0
Sad news. My beloved voyager died peacefully in her sleep last night. For the last week or so she hasn't had the energy she once had and needed some iv fluids during the day to keep her going. This morning when I unhooked her tubes she took one last breath and drifted off to forever land. Even more devastating, my incredible is still not here and won't be for another 12 days or so...sniff sniff

RIP :(

Hey all, I'm another one who has been checking around here to see when peoples orders are shipping. Woke up this morning to an email notification for Verizon that was sent out at 8:30 a.m.

That's really good news. Hopefully more 6/15's+ go out this week, maybe somehow some mid 6/20 orders will go out by the end of this week?

Upvote 0

Sweet!!!! getting closer to my 6/18 order .... looks like I can soon replace the droid replica cardboard with the real thing in my case that I have been walking around with... :)

Upvote 0

To each his own.

Enjoy your Incredibles

Whats up piiman? Sad to see your trading in your Inc, but understand your choice, to any one that feels the need to slam other android phones then i would request you check this post out http://androidforums.com/1068607-post1.html . Op has a point, no need to talk trash about anyone who just has a different opinion
my 2 cents

Reactions: olbriar
Upvote 0
Sweet!!!! getting closer to my 6/18 order .... looks like I can soon replace the droid replica cardboard with the real thing in my case that I have been walking around with... :)

Hahah!

As soon as I start seeing the 6/19 orders shipping I am going to bug the hell out of poor Verizon CSR's until I get my tracking number!

A few pages back someone reported their 6/18 shipped. I think it went out on Thursday or Friday.

Upvote 0
^ I think it was Friday! So crazy, feels like just yesterday there were 6/11's going out (which they're probably were haha) but think there is any hope to hear some 6/22's + by Friday maybe?

I think it will happen. They seem to be moving a lot faster than they were a couple of weeks ago.

When I first got here phones were shipping several days after the expected ship date. Now it seems that most people are seeing shipments 2-4 days earlier than the estimated date.

As of yesterday I have already waited 3 weeks. Looking back it DOES seem like yesterday. While it sucks to have to wait and I am super excited for my phone (hopefully by Friday!) the weeks seem to go by really fast.

Reactions: zn120
Upvote 0
If any one needs a time waster here's a post with a GREAT live wallpaper site.
http://androidforums.com/tips-tricks-incredible/118189-awesome-site-live-wallpapers.html#post1111102

Yep, they got some neat stuff there.

Accessory shopping is a huge time waster. I spend almost a whole week looking for the perfect pouch.

App Brain is a GREAT place to go. Pick out what you want now and you'll be all set when the phone gets here. I have 4 different lists made, one called "still considering" where I put neat but unnecessary stuff.

If you go to the Tips and Tricks section of the forum there is lots of useful information there that's really nice to know before you start messing with the phone and getting frustrated.

And my favorite so far was researching the Custom Boot Animations. There's some really slick ones out there.

I am pretty sure I am already an expert on this phone and I don't even have the damn thing yet. I feel so nerdy :D

Upvote 0
Yep, they got some neat stuff there.

Accessory shopping is a huge time waster. I spend almost a whole week looking for the perfect pouch.

App Brain is a GREAT place to go. Pick out what you want now and you'll be all set when the phone gets here. I have 4 different lists made, one called "still considering" where I put neat but unnecessary stuff.

If you go to the Tips and Tricks section of the forum there is lots of useful information there that's really nice to know before you start messing with the phone and getting frustrated.

And my favorite so far was researching the Custom Boot Animations. There's some really slick ones out there.

I am pretty sure I am already an expert on this phone and I don't even have the damn thing yet. I feel so nerdy :D

Trust me, i know exactly what your talking about. When i got mine, i felt... prepared, lol. Haven;t checked out the custom boot animations, :eek:, i missed something??? lol
And you are so nerdy... lol, We are all nerdy in here so everyone else can just DEAL!! hehe

Upvote 0
Trust me, i know exactly what your talking about. When i got mine, i felt... prepared, lol. Haven;t checked out the custom boot animations, :eek:, i missed something??? lol
And you are so nerdy... lol, We are all nerdy in here so everyone else can just DEAL!! hehe

The nerds get all the chicks! Wait... I'm a chick. Uhh... nevermind! ;)

Ohh boy, you are in for a long thread. But it's fun and IMO, totally worth it.

http://androidforums.com/tips-tricks-incredible/70040-incredible-boot-animation.html

And another thread if you want to check it out:
Complete Comprehensive Tutorial on Custom Boot Animations - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

And here's just the video guide:

http://androidforums.com/tips-tricks-incredible/93514-htc-incredible-boot-animation-guide.htmlhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIBk1-NB_ZM

So get yourself a soda and some popcorn and dive right in. It seems totally complicated at first but once you read up on it I doubt it really is.

Upvote 0

Yeah, I've been researching this stupid thing for months...

You and I have much in common...we both have Dares (which I still love...)...we both ordered around the same time...and we're both in the DC area...

Hopefully yours comes early, which will give me some hope that mine will be early...

And anyone hating on the Dare...It's a solid little phone! If you look up old reviews of it, it was actually reviewed pretty well...and I love the pics it takes. :D I will miss it dearly...but I'm sure the Inc will help me get over it...

Upvote 0
I had the dare for a few months.. Loved it at first but I get bored of phones super easily so i'm hoping the Incredible lasts me my two years, which i'm sure it will. I sold the dare to some website, quoted me $80 and I got the check in the mail a week after. When I ordered my Inc. I sold my env touch to Buy and Sell Electronics, Sell Cell Phone, Recycle Electronics - gazelle.com for $75, check is on it's way :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones