• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Date you ordered and received the phone vs. "will ship by" date

I've watched "ground shipping" packages (using UPS or FedEx online tracking) just sit in the local center for DAYS. I could have easily gotten it next day but they just sit on it and deliver it the last possible day to hit their commitment. Sometimes having the information at your fingertips can be painful.

Tracking can be fun...it can also be miserable. I agree. And yeah, I rarely saw packages arrive earlier than the dates that UPS said they'd get there....they certainly don't rush Ground packages...I was just saying that sometimes the computer would actually list the next day as the delivery date for Ground.

Believe me...I worked for a UPS Store...but never drank the Kool Ade.. :)

Upvote 0
I got the same email when I sent them one asking about my status...but it has been shipped. I would suggest you call and ask and see what they say. I never heard an announcement on 611 and never actually got a shipping email, but mine is on its way.

Oh well - CS on the phone said it would ship by 7/21 also... guess I'll have to wait til next week :(

Upvote 0
A 6/24 got their shipping notification today on incredibleforums! Thinking I might get mine a bit earlier which I wouldn't mind at all :D. How amazing would it be if they shipped the 6/26 end of today lol

Don't make jokes like this! Haha. I have work 12-4 then 6-close so i'll be back around 11pm, i'll pee myself if I get the email tonight :)

Upvote 0
I hope you're right!!! :) The suspense is KILLING ME!!!! :eek:
Been there, still doing that:-}. Guess I will be until mine finally arrives. I checked fed ex and the forums all day yesterday. This morning started the same process. I have no reason to continue, it will not be here tomorrow since it is Saturday...but I BELIEVE IN MIRACLES!

Upvote 0
can someone explain the "fedex" trick to me? I have my order number but I don't have my location number...

Ordered in store: 6/28
Ship by: 7/26
Actually Shipped: ??
Expected Delivery: ??

Go here https://www.fedex.com/AltRefTracking?cntry_code=us

For me my Order Location was: 09196xx
Order number was: 1530xxx

You have to but the group of numbers together with a underscore in between. Also make the order number 9 digits.

Mine would look like this:
09196xx_001530xxx the x's are numbers.

Upvote 0
it might you never know :D. i have work later too till 9:30 so i anticipate reading about all the shipments that go out today. I don't think I will get an email since i ordered it in the store.

I ordered in store too, so no email i guess :(. I completely agree with you though, can't wait to come home and read about all the 6/25's going out :) And maybe one or two 6/26's would be fine haha. See ya guys later!

Upvote 0
I can considering anyone who inquired about their Inc was asked if they wanted an X instead.

well then my ship date should have been moved up or i should have been bumped for getting a clunker the first time.

I see the OTA mobile hotspot and 720P went out, thats nice, maybe they should make more phones and spend less time on updates.

Upvote 0
i guess they won't be getting an x mass tip.

::laugh:: I knew they closed at 11....they literally must have delivered it as the guy was taking his break...I'm lucky they caught him, and didn't delay it until Monday!

Sorry, that is just plain funny!

Don't apologize...it IS plain funny....as I've said, I'm just lucky to be where I'm at with the delivery schedule I have...many have been less fortunate, and even though I had a few bumps with ordering, things have been smooth. I'm hoping there are no problems with the phone when it gets here...

But still...IT'S RIGHT DOWNSTAIRS! Come to me, 3 o'clock...come to me without delay!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones