• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Date you ordered and received the phone vs. "will ship by" date

so i've been lurking around and watching this thread, and decided it was time to post here

i tried to order online when it had deals going to get the phone down to $99.99, but it wasn't giving me credit for a private sale email i got, so i called in on 6/29. ordered/paid and was given a ship date of 7/27. i verified with the guy i talked to that there was overnight shipping included, and he said yes

today i start seeing people with same order dates getting their phone, so i call CS, woman told me it shipped today, overnight mail, and i would have it tomorrow (7/21). SWEET.

get home, check the tracking number, they lied to me, and sent it via 2 day service. this isn't right. has anyone had this happen to them, and if so, what did they do to make it right? its an extra day but i was stoked to play with it tomorrow. 1st smartphone ever, coming off a razr2. bleh.

Upvote 0
Evan, i'm not sure if they'll do anything about the misinformation on the shipping.. i'm sure if you complain enough you can get something out of it ya know?

But i'm off to bed guys, good luck to you all tomorrow on receiving those notices :) I'll be sure to update when I get my phone yes! can't wait to wake up bright and early and check that Fedex page haha. Later!

Upvote 0
so i've been lurking around and watching this thread, and decided it was time to post here

i tried to order online when it had deals going to get the phone down to $99.99, but it wasn't giving me credit for a private sale email i got, so i called in on 6/29. ordered/paid and was given a ship date of 7/27. i verified with the guy i talked to that there was overnight shipping included, and he said yes

today i start seeing people with same order dates getting their phone, so i call CS, woman told me it shipped today, overnight mail, and i would have it tomorrow (7/21). SWEET.

get home, check the tracking number, they lied to me, and sent it via 2 day service. this isn't right. has anyone had this happen to them, and if so, what did they do to make it right? its an extra day but i was stoked to play with it tomorrow. 1st smartphone ever, coming off a razr2. bleh.

hey man dont worry i ordered 6/29 and dont even have a tracking number so it could be worse. im hoping my phone will just show up and that my order didnt just get canceled

Upvote 0
Ok now I am getting frustrated! I ordered the 29th online and haven't gotten a shipping notification yet. How are people who ordered on the 30th getting theirs? I did receive the pending activation message when dialing *611 on the 18th though.

I am leaving on Friday for a 10 day vacation and will be very upset if I don't get it before then. There will be no one here to sign for it. I can just see them sending it back.

It may help to know that I recently had a similar situation. Before leaving, I called Fedex to see what my options were. They informed me that they are required to make one delivery attempt. After that attempt, if you are out of town, you could call and request that they hold the package for you to pick up. I believe they will hold it up to 10 days after you call.

Ordered: In store 7/4
Shipping Notification: Hopeful...

Reactions: KarenSB
Upvote 0
im glad its coming sooner than i was told when i ordered, im just pissed i was told when i ordered it, i'd get overnight shipping, and when i called tonight, the woman told me it was shipped overnight and it would be here tomorrow (technically today now that its after midnight)

i understand being mad at that. i have my paperwork that says overnight and if it was 2 day shipped i would be pissed too!

Upvote 0
Hey everybody! I have been watching this thread for about a week as I am also waiting for an infamous incredible to come. Here's how this whole thing has gone for me:

Ordered: 6/26 in store
Ship by: 7/23
Pending Activation Notification: 7/18
I emailed customer service yesterday to ask what the status of my order was and then I got impatient and called them last night. I talked to a really nice guy who told me that my phone hadn't shipped yet but that it should ship within the next couple of days. Well today I got a response to my email that I sent and they said...my phone shipped today at 4 pm! I tracked it and it is coming from Ontario, CA by 2 day shipping to me in Nevada. As of right now I have not received an email notification that it has shipped. This has certainly been a long ordeal, I've never had to wait for a phone like this before. To all of you still waiting, I hope it comes soon and good luck :)

Upvote 0

i got one month of free service (80 bucks)for the store doing the 2 day vs overnight thing to me.

Upvote 0
i am running out to work but am so excited i needed to post!!!!! so i got an email from verizon that said no info is available about my order but it had a tracking number (diff than my order number).. so i went to fedex just to try it out and saw that my order shipped yesterday!!! (7/20) and is scheduled to arrive today! (7/21). It is currently at Newark, NJ which is soo close (I'm in NY, NY). I was a 6/30 order. hopefully my husband will be there to get the phone when it arrives and then i need to get home at 4 and wait for it to charge 8 hours! (do i really need to do that??)

Upvote 0
i am running out to work but am so excited i needed to post!!!!! so i got an email from verizon that said no info is available about my order but it had a tracking number (diff than my order number).. so i went to fedex just to try it out and saw that my order shipped yesterday!!! (7/20) and is scheduled to arrive today! (7/21). It is currently at Newark, NJ which is soo close (I'm in NY, NY). I was a 6/30 order. hopefully my husband will be there to get the phone when it arrives and then i need to get home at 4 and wait for it to charge 8 hours! (do i really need to do that??)

yes, give it a full charge, because you will play with it so much that the little charge it has when it comes will run out soon. Get those cells nice and juicy and then run with it!

Upvote 0
Today is the day guys :) I have to go to work now until 1230-1, i'm hoping to see the white piece of paper off of my front door when I pull in and the package on the chair on my porch :) Will update later!

Good luck man. It worked for me on Monday when my wife's new phone came (not an Incredible).

I think I'm just gonna stay home the day mine is supposed to arrive =P. I've been needing a day off anyhow.

Upvote 0
I think we need to have Verizon make up "I SURVIVED AN INCREDIBLE BACKORDER FIASCO" t-shirts for everyone who had to wait more than 15 days for their phone! Enjoying my Inc though, now that I have it!

moz-screenshot.png

Attachments

• untitled1.JPG
    untitled1.JPG
    10.4 KB · Views: 76
Reactions: NightAngel79
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones