• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Daughter "stole" my Eris..

bjanow

Android Expert
Dec 3, 2009
Colorado
My daughter saw my Eris last night and stole it. Well sort of.. It was her birthday and, well you know. So I have 2 days to get another one, perhaps 3 before I only have one phone. Verizon has a "pre owned" deal for $169, factory refurb, full 1 year warranty, unlocked. Does anyone know if I can get a better deal anywhere, I really don't need the warranty but want a clean one. What happened to all those yokels that "couldn't stand the Eris"? Send it my way, I'll pay the shipping.:D

My daughter saw my Eris last night and stole it. Well sort of..

*laughing* .. I lost my 8330 to my kid for about two months earlier this year, until she acquired her Tour. .. I know how you feel.

As far as getting a new Eris, I see them for sale in the usual places online. Google around, you'll get one.. I would not get a refurb, though.. I'd go to the store and wait for a new one if I had to.

Upvote 0
*laughing* .. I lost my 8330 to my kid for about two months earlier this year, until she acquired her Tour. .. I know how you feel.

As far as getting a new Eris, I see them for sale in the usual places online. Google around, you'll get one.. I would not get a refurb, though.. I'd go to the store and wait for a new one if I had to.
$400+ for a new one without contract. I have no upgrades left, unfortunately. It would have been on the way if I had. ;)

Upvote 0
Wow, that is love for a child right there. I'm not sure I love my kids that much. LOL kidding obviously.

Have you looked in the Classifieds - Android Forums
:):) Yes, it is.
Checking now the classifieds, a little high. Checked Craigslist today and I'm waiting for an email from someone that wanted to trade for a BB. I have a mint Pearl I'd give up in a heartbeat for my Eris. The $169 Verizon refurb isn't looking too bad right about now.

Upvote 0
I'd just go for the VZW deal then. It sounds like the best deal you will find. I'd just make sure that you aren't going to be forced into renewing your contract and losing your upgrade to get it.
Totally. The rep told me a few times that it will not do anything to my contract or any upcoming upgrade. I think it might be for existing users, but I'm not sure. Nonetheless, I will take your advice and reiterate a few times.

Upvote 0
I purchased a refurbished from Verizon for $160ish. Works great. No new contract or anything like that. They had free overnight delivery...got it the next day. The only thing different is it comes in a different box...it says refurbished or used or something like that.

I liked the idea of getting it from verizon instead of craigslist or ebay.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones