1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Day 2: I have some problems/questions

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Atium, Dec 21, 2012.

1. Atium

Atium Lurker

I've had my GS3 LTE for 2 days now and I've already come across a few problems that I need help resolving.

- Notifications (Twitter, FB, etc) and Emails don't appear unless you open the app. I'm still using my previous phone and my notifications come through straight away, which is how I know something's up with the GS3. I've tried different notification settings within the specific apps and still no success.

- Games get stuck on the loading screen and continue loading for about 5 minutes. I fixed this by doing a battery reset, but this really shouldn't be happening to a brand new phone.

- Twitter and Facebook widgets don't automatically refresh. They show posts from 2+ hours ago and I have to open the app to manually refresh them.

- Is there a way to set up multiple Gmail accounts without adding another Google Account to the phone?

I love everything else about the phone, especially the battery, which lasted for 7 hours straight out of the box and 12 hours after a full charge (both with very heavy use). But the problems above are deal breakers for me and if I can't get them sorted, I may have to make use of T-Mobile's 14 day grace period and get an iPhone 5.

(Don't know if it makes a difference to the phone, but I live in the UK)

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. silentwitness

silentwitness Android Expert

for the sync u need to check the auto sync settings in the settings tab and make sure its set to sync. You can set the timing and all there. I have never seen any issues with games getting hung.

Atium likes this.
  3. Shotgun84

Shotgun84 Extreme Android User

Welcome to the forum Atium

You can get your emails from all your accounts by adding them all to the email app/ third party alternative from the play store.
    Is it all games which freeze or is it specific ones?

4. Atium

Atium Lurker

Thanks, I've just set them all to sync and the times to 15 minutes. Does having a shorter time use more battery? I'd ideally like to put them all at 5 minutes.

Thanks

I've set up my Yahoo account with the email app that came with the phone and one of my Gmail accounts is connected to Gmail through my Google Account, but I have another Gmail account which won't connect to the standard email app (using IMAP) and wants to set itself as a Google Account on the phone (which I'd rather not do). Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

The only games that have had that problem are Song Pop and Draw Something, and it only happened that one time. It hasn't happened again since I did a battery reset, but if there's something wrong then I need to find out what it is before my upgrade grace-period is over.

5. silentwitness

silentwitness Android Expert

setting the time to a shorter period would use more battery as it would keep checking every 5 mins for updates. You can do a test run with it at 5 mins and 15 mins and see how much difference it gives u. Easiest way to check it.

6. Shotgun84

Shotgun84 Extreme Android User

I've never tried setting up multiple emails so I'm probably not the best person for this. The stock email app had always been problematic though since the gs2 days so it could be worth trying a third party one from the play store. I've heard good things about k9.

I used to play draw something on my s2 but it's never worked on my s3. I did notice an update for it in the play store a couple of days ago which apparently fixed a bug for the s3 although I haven't tried it yet. So the problem is probably more on the games end than your phone.

7. UserName872

UserName872 Android Enthusiast

Ensure you have notifications for the entire phone turned on....

Should be able to pull down the notification panel and see a quick button for "notifications". If that is off, you won't receive anything.

8. Atium

Atium Lurker

I'm still having issues with push notifications. Does anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews