• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Daydream not working correctly

I can't get Daydream to work on my Turbo 2 throughout the night. I have a verizon Wireless charger that I want it to work with, and I CAN get it to turn on and display the clock, but as soon as the phone is fully charged daydream turns off. I have it set to daydream either when docked or when charging. It works fine when plugged into the turbo charger but the wireless charger is really easy to use especially with the Lifeproof case blocking the charging port. My guess is Daydream does'nt sense the wireless charging dock as a dock and only senses wether it is charging. Any thoughts on correcting this.

Ron Schmiege

Yes, that's the way Daydream works on Motorola phones since the Droid Maxx and Mini started supporting qi charging. Once the phone reaches full charge, it acts as if it is no longer charging on qi, which is different from plugging in to USB. If you want Daydream, you'll have to plug it in. (It's possible that there are third party apps that will do the same thing as Daydream, though. I don't know if there is one, but others may.)

Upvote 0
Yes, that's the way Daydream works on Motorola phones since the Droid Maxx and Mini started supporting qi charging. Once the phone reaches full charge, it acts as if it is no longer charging on qi, which is different from plugging in to USB. If you want Daydream, you'll have to plug it in. (It's possible that there are third party apps that will do the same thing as Daydream, though. I don't know if there is one, but others may.)

Well thanks for that info and a really quick response. However that presents another question... the phone's OS senses when it is docked on a wireless charger (it draws the circle on the screen) but Motorola chose to ignore that information and just have daydream track whether it was charging or not. Why did they even include the option to track insertion into a dock if they were just going to ignore that info? Maybe that's there for other docks. (See, sometimes I can even learn from reading my own questions).

I am running the "Local" app and there is a plugin to track wireless charging but the plugin doesn't work on Motorola phones. I sure hope someone knows of another app that would let me program Daydream to run all night. It doesn't have to be keyed to the charger.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones