• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help daylight savings problem?

falkner09

Oct 5, 2010
ok so I woke up this morning to find that my Ally has the wrong time in the notification bar, as well as one of the widgets that i have for an alarm which shows when the next alarm comes up. however, the correct time shows in the weather widget.

as it is Sunday morning, i looked up daylight savings and noticed that the clocks in Europe get set back an hour today. could my phone somehow be in European mode or something? maybe an android 2.1 glitch, since it came out after the last fall switch if I recall and therefore may not have been tested for a problem like this.

I can't find an option to switch the clock manually anywhere, is there a way to fix this or do i just wait a week for the US daylight savings to click in?

if you go into settings and go into 'date and time' you'll be able to set the time in there

eh actually no, i tried that and the only options in the date and time section are to change the formats between 24 hour clock and 12 hour, and to switch the date format from mm/dd/yy to the other formats, not to change the actual time and date.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones