1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Daylight Savings Time defect

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by BSEEComputrGuy, Nov 7, 2011.

1. BSEEComputrGuy

None

Nov 7, 2011
    I like my Galaxy tablet but the weather app apparently was designed and written by imbeciles, since the time reported (for last weather update) is correct, but the clock hands are still on Daylight Savings Time. This is extremely annoying, since it is now inferior to a stopped clock which is accurate twice each day. This piece of junk won't be accurate for months now.

Does anyone know how to fix this bug? The whole point of a display with swinging pointers is ease of reading, and I HATE the thought of months of having to remember to subtract an hour each time I read it. If I can't fix it, I will uninstall it.

Sorry to be so negative, but I use Windows all day as a developer, and my tolerance for shoddy design/coding is always completely exhausted by 10 am. Excel would fail Windows logo compatibility testing if they ever ran it. Also, I allowed the tablet to update itself (the whole Android system IIRC) and it discarded my password for WiFi hotspot use, forcing me to waste about an hour to get it back in running condition.

Advertisement