1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Daylight Savings Time

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by alfrot, Nov 4, 2014.

1. alfrot

alfrot Lurker

Hi,
    My Moto G has refused to update after my timezone (Moscow, Russia) came off DST. I fixed it manually through settings-date&time and unchecking 'automatic date & time' and 'automatic time zone' and entering the time myself. But then I found that google calendar entries would be auto-adjusted to the non-updated time.

Russia didn't switch off DST last year, but reinstated the practice this year, so I assume this is the problem. But I can't find anyone else with this problem online (except, oddly, a friend on their iPad).

Google calendar is automatically showing the right time on my computer so I assume the problem is with the phone.

Most importantly, I can't find any hints about how to fix this. Ideas?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. gogomouse1

gogomouse1 Well-Known Member

Did you go into the settings on Google Calendar?
    Click on "Use Home Time Zone" and you'll be able to enable a specific time zone by the country/city. Just click on whatever city shares the same current time as you (choosing a different city won't affect any other of your location-based apps BTW).

3. alfrot

alfrot Lurker

Thanks - i am now officially located in Nairobi, Kenya on calendar and on my phone settings. It's not the solution I wanted but I have the right time in both places which is the most important.

There must be something I can do about the underlying problem though, surely?

4. kate

kate Dreaming of Bugdroid.

Your phone should be getting the time from local cell towers. Assuming they've updated to the correct time, turning auto date & time back on should fix it.

It may take awhile though, it's not always instant.

5. alfrot

alfrot Lurker

That's what I don't understand. Not only has it been 10 days, but in the list of time zones on my phone Moscow is still marked as GMT+4 when it should now be GMT+3. So it seems like my phone didn't get the memo..

Motorola Moto G (1st Gen) Forum

The Motorola Moto G (1st Gen) release date is unknown..Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown.
Release Date
Reviews