• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Dbm readings way outta range...

dan409

Apr 15, 2010
I can be standing right next to a cell tower and my dbm readings will not go under -86 dbm. This SF acts just the opposite as my Dinc did. The Dinc would would read -50 dbm at the same place but the bars were inaccurate even after the froyo update. The bars on the SF seem accurate but the dbm readings are way off. No mater where I am the only range I get is between -86 ,-91 dbm w/the SF. The Dinc went from -50dbm to -105dbm.
Anybody else experiencing this with their SF ?

Pretty much just curious about this as my calls have been crystal clear and no dropped calls. A huge improvement over the Dinc both ways as far as voice quality goes.

I can be standing right next to a cell tower and my dbm readings will not go under -86 dbm. This SF acts just the opposite as my Dinc did. The Dinc would would read -50 dbm at the same place but the bars were inaccurate even after the froyo update. The bars on the SF seem accurate but the dbm readings are way off. No mater where I am the only range I get is between -86 ,-91 dbm w/the SF. The Dinc went from -50dbm to -105dbm.
Anybody else experiencing this with their SF ?

Pretty much just curious about this as my calls have been crystal clear and no dropped calls. A huge improvement over the Dinc both ways as far as voice quality goes.

honestly i dont know if its the way the phone reports dbm or whatever but my fascinate and incredible get virtually identical reception regardless of what the phone is reporting. half the time my inc has 4 bars and my sf 1 or none but they both lock the same and dont cutout.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones