1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Root DC 3.2 Boot Loop, please help

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mikeydread, Jun 27, 2010.

1. mikeydread

mikeydread Member

Jun 22, 2010
    Last night i d/l the DC 3.2 copied it to SD card, and used ROM managewr to load it. The EVO went into a boot loop afterwards. I am trying to recover and havent had any luck. I pressed the power and down button selected clear storage and didnt help. If i chose recovery it just drops back into loop. Can anyone help me. Thanks.

Advertisement

2. SebastianX

SebastianX Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2010
    Did you have JIT enabled from within the advanced options app? That has been a plague of the ROM for a while now.

I had it happen once when I was playing with JIT. I just wiped cache, system settings and dalvik cache to be safe and re-flashed, but this will reset all your apps and settings I had everything backed up via Titanium I hope you do as well. You'll need to take the battery out and start the phone up with vol down + power key to get into the recovery.

3. mikeydread

mikeydread Member

Jun 22, 2010
    as far as i can remember i did not have JIT enabled. i followed a root tutorial on HTC 4G EVO HACKS to root unlock nand and install recovery. I was using a OMJ rom before i tried this DC 3.2.

4. angingrich

angingrich Active Member

Jun 12, 2010
    Did you wipe the cache's before you flashed the ROM?

5. mikeydread

mikeydread Member

Jun 22, 2010
    no i did not manually. Rom manager i thought did this before it installed new rom but i am not for sure.

6. angingrich

angingrich Active Member

Jun 12, 2010
    Neither am I. I had the same problem when I installed Fresh, because I didn't wipe cache first. I wiped cache, reflashed, and all was well.

7. mikeydread

mikeydread Member

Jun 22, 2010
    ok, so for a noob can someone tell me how to wipe cache and reflash, i would like a step guide because i scared i brick phone f i make wrong move, dont want to navigate too much on the options i do have left. thanks!

8. angingrich

angingrich Active Member

Jun 12, 2010
  9. mikeydread

mikeydread Member

Jun 22, 2010
    i was able to fix it, i had to flash the PCM file again then start at version 3.0 of DC then upgrade to 3.2. thanks for the advice

Tags: