• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

DC Titans - new show coming

i like it... but....

Robin new darker side.. might be over the top.
he is the good boy .. boy scout..

blood and gore.. not a problem.. i like it.
in real life. if you fight .. with skill and powers and weapons..
people and things are going to get broken.
I tend towards "violence is unpleasant, so if you are going to depict it do it honestly and do not glorify it" school, so I'm ok with blood and breakage. Even as a kid i felt that there was something irresponsible about The A Team, where a typical "plan" would involve about 2000 rounds being fired, a couple of explosions and probably a car somersaulting through the air, yet nobody would suffer worse than getting a bit dusty and having their hair messed-up.

But Robin as boy scout? We're talking about a character who has been written monthly for maybe 60 years, and while I don't follow these things at all closely I'm sure they have arcs in the comics where Robin or Dick is estranged from Batman and doing things his own way (I say "Robin or Dick" because I do know that there have been at least 4 Robins and Dick Greyson has used other names).

Reactions: psionandy
Upvote 0
But Robin as boy scout? We're talking about a character who has been written monthly for maybe 60 years, and while I don't follow these things at all closely I'm sure they have arcs in the comics where Robin or Dick is estranged from Batman and doing things his own way (I say "Robin or Dick" because I do know that there have been at least 4 Robins and Dick Greyson has used other names).

yeah, there are other Robins.. 1 was very dark and he went to the bad side.
1 is his real kid.. and has a mean streak in him.

but Dick.. as Robin.. has always been on the nice side.
making Batman more rooted in then nicer side.
As Dick got older .. he has some anger issues as Darkwing, but still tried to be nice.

this arc of this show.. is a total change of the character as Robin.

Upvote 0
I know everyone is talking about the "F Batman" line and judging Robin (Dick) being more edgy and hardcore and all that. I took it completely differently ... more like they are asking where's Batman and he's trying to establish himself as an independent hero away from Bats, so he's more saying it as F Batman, he's not here, you have to deal with ME.

But whatever. Honestly the only beef I have with it is the production vale. I had assumed it would be more cinematic and not so TV.

Upvote 0
I know everyone is talking about the "F Batman" line and judging Robin (Dick) being more edgy and hardcore and all that. I took it completely differently ... more like they are asking where's Batman and he's trying to establish himself as an independent hero away from Bats, so he's more saying it as F Batman, he's not here, you have to deal with ME.

I agree.. that is how i see it too.. he is only trying to establish his street cred.
we all cuss. i aint got no issue with potty mouth.

but he is not the kind of character that goes out looking to break some heads.

(Its Starfire that i'm more worried about, as some of her characterisations over the years have been pretty dodgy...)

Starfire is interesting.. but i dont know anything about her..
she rides her staff like a witch???

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones