• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

DCB_ASSOCIATION:Y3890K40G727S676G8EVB8NSE28OORV6G

mjhrodom

Lurker
Dec 18, 2011
I received this text and have no clue to why. Also received another. Which was this!!

Your mobile verification code is 737610. Enter it online to verify this phone number. Reply HELP for help, STOP to cancel, Msg&Data Rates May Apply

Please help with explaining what this mean

DCB == Direct Carrier Billing.

You are somehow signed up for some product or service that will be added to your phone bill. They are looking for you to verify by texting the code (737610) back to them and whatever you signed up for will be activated and the cost will show on your bill or if you don't know what it is or don't want to pay for it, text back "STOP."

These can be sneaky and can add up quickly on your bill. I've often seen them with "free" ringtones or contests. Depending on your carrier you can disable Premium Messaging which will prevent anyone from cramming charges onto your bill.

Upvote 0

You are somehow signed up for some product or service that will be added to your phone bill. They are looking for you to verify by texting the code (737610) back to them and whatever you signed up for will be activated and the cost will show on your bill or if you don't know what it is or don't want to pay for it, text back 'STOP.'

These can be sneaky and can add up quickly on your bill. I've often seen them with 'free' ringtones or contests. Depending on your carrier you can disable Premium Messaging which will prevent anyone from cramming charges onto your bill.

Stop

Upvote 0

You are somehow signed up for some product or service that will be added to your phone bill. They are looking for you to verify by texting the code (737610) back to them and whatever you signed up for will be activated and the cost will show on your bill or if you don't know what it is or don't want to pay for it, text back "STOP."

These can be sneaky and can add up quickly on your bill. I've often seen them with "free" ringtones or contests. Depending on your carrier you can disable Premium Messaging which will prevent anyone from cramming charges onto your bill.
I'm finding accounts I haven't opened

Upvote 0

You are somehow signed up for some product or service that will be added to your phone bill. They are looking for you to verify by texting the code (737610) back to them and whatever you signed up for will be activated and the cost will show on your bill or if you don't know what it is or don't want to pay for it, text back 'STOP.'

These can be sneaky and can add up quickly on your bill. I've often seen them with 'free' ringtones or contests. Depending on your carrier you can disable Premium Messaging which will prevent anyone from cramming charges onto your bill.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones