• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

DCIM DOWNLOAD media or any folder redirect sync change default location

kumaranil13k

Jan 10, 2020
As in PC windows we can change default location of my documents by roaming profile or registry settings is it possible to

Change default storage location (redirect sync bind auto move) of DCIM Download WhatsApp media Facebook or any folders to external SD memory card and cloud storage simultaneously whatever saved is automatically moved or downloaded or saved in external card Automatically through any app (eg: folder sync folder redirect) or text scripts or adb shell commands without or with rooted mobile kindly share link or step by step commands ways to do the same with any folders in android

Is there any app which automove or is there any script which automoves without rooting. Eg:foldermount app folder sync folder redirdct (but works in rooted mobile)

What device do you have?
Generally, anything below Android 9 (Pie) Go will have a selection available at the top of the Storage page.

@puppykickr bro thanks.lot for sharing your precious time knowledge advice And opinion and thanks for replying

@puppykickr bro want to redirect change move sync folders default location of folders like download pictures music media video folders which are saved generally in internal memory to automate auto redirect to auto save in external micro SD card and cloud storage is it possible if yes how I founded two apps folder syn folder redirect.

In storage menu in seetings I don't found any such option. To redirect the folders files. But there were option to redirect prefer default apps installation to SD card still which is not in my android 6 mobile was available in one of my Android 5.1

My mobile device is
OS Android 6.0.1 Marshellow Processor Qualcomm Family cortex a53 Machine arrch 64 Architecture arm cortex a53 External memory card 64GB ROM 16 GB MOBILE NOT ROOTED

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones