1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

DCIM Folder missing on SD Card

Discussion in 'Music & Media' started by PJChrist, Apr 4, 2014.

1. PJChrist

PJChrist Lurker

I have a Galaxy S4. The DCIM folder is missing from the sd card. I know on Wed morning I took a picture and everything seemed to be fine, and i am pretty sure I took a pict on wed evening too. On Thursday morning, I noticed that one of my game apps was black and white and had a small sd show up. So I removed my sd card and replaced. THe app worked fine. Later in the day, I tried to take a picture and it gave be a message about the sd card (I can't remember the message, but it wouldn't save the photo) I can not see any photos in the gallery.
    I have tried...
    Shutting the phone off and on
    unmounting the card and remounting
    removing the card and using a card reader in my computer...the DCIM folder does not show but some of the other folders do.

Any other thoughts/help?

Advertisement

2. argedion

argedion The TechnoFrog

I would take the card out of the device and place it in a card reader. In Windows use the correct drive letter to point to the sdcard. You need a program like teskdisk to run and analyze the disk.

BRAINZ2013 likes this.
  3. BRAINZ2013

BRAINZ2013 Extreme Android User

Hello and welcome to the forums. I see your having a SD card problems. First I have to say I hope you removed this SD card from the device when it was powered off. That would be the only reason for it to read on the thumb drive . this can be fixed if you Dont want the photos just format the SD card inside the device . if u want the photos u will need your PC/laptop to store and fix the card before putting back into the phone or you can fix move photos to PC/laptop and still format in the device .

4. !on

!on Android Expert

Any fluff in the card holding clip in the phone? Card need replacing?