• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root DD10 Released

Im sorry but this thread has me cracking up, I am literally laughing at the last 5 or so posts.

"Can I use the sprint tool?"
"No"

"So I can use the sprint tool?"
"No"

"So since I dont know how to use the recovery tool I can use the Sprint tool?"
"No"

"Hey the Sprint tool failed, should I try the Sprint tool again?"
"&*#@ $#@%*&# NO!"

Awesome....

Upvote 0
I guess you need to label me an idiot as well then. I booted into recovery, applied DD10 (after backing up my data in recovery), rebooted and it still says DD03 In the Build number. It took a little while to reboot, but once it did, it is still the same old thing. I've tried twice.

Maybe I have a corrupt download.

Upvote 0
I'm updating my directions as idiots come out of the wood work.

@bohnded - read my updated instructions. Don't restore data until after your first boot.

As much as I appreciate your help and time in detailing the steps for this upgrade, calling folks names and idiots is a bit over the line. Putting steps like these in public accessible forums, which have a user base that ranges from beginner to expert in phone root and pc experience vs a place like SDX where it's a bit more oriented towards experienced users will obviously encounter questions and need some clarity.

I appreciate the help, and will re-read the post above.

Upvote 0
As much as I appreciate your help and time in detailing the steps for this upgrade, calling folks names and idiots is a bit over the line. Putting steps like these in public accessible forums, which have a user base that ranges from beginner to expert in phone root and pc experience vs a place like SDX where it's a bit more oriented towards experienced users will obviously encounter questions and need some clarity.

I appreciate the help, and will re-read the post above.

The directions are fairly straight-forward as they are and people are having trouble following them. There is no reason to deviate from the directions or even think about using the sprint tool. It wasn't mentioned in the directions on how to install the update so why would you ask? The only legit question was how to use recovery. Everything else was covered in my post.

What do we call people that can't follow directions?

Upvote 0
I guess you need to label me an idiot as well then. I booted into recovery, applied DD10 (after backing up my data in recovery), rebooted and it still says DD03 In the Build number. It took a little while to reboot, but once it did, it is still the same old thing. I've tried twice.

Maybe I have a corrupt download.

Upvote 0
It seems no matter what I do the tar file ends up corrupted on my SD card. I guess I will have to be happy with DD03.

Maybe delete that file and download again?
How big is the file?
Mine was 127MB. If yours is a different size, you may have a bad file.
Are you placing both files in the root (not in another folder) of your sd?
No reason to give up, this was easier than C14>DD03 and even more worth it. :)

Upvote 0
when i boot into recovery mode i don't have anything like clearing cache, i only have :
1. reboot system now
2. apply sdcard: update.zip
3. wipe data/factory reset
4. wipe cache partition

when i click apply update.zip it says

"install from sdcard...
finding update package...
opening update package...
verifying update package...
e:signature verification failed
installation aborted.
"

idk what to do? i put those 2 files in the sd card root folder.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones