1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

De-Binging help

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by y0bailey, May 19, 2011.

1. y0bailey

y0bailey Member

Hey folks. Successfully rooted, used Titanium to "freeze" all of the garbage bloatware, and installed all of the google goodies (search, voice search, maps, etc.).

Still having problems. When I freeze or remove Bing, I lose the ability to use the search button. It just says application missing.

I read some fixes on the samsung fascinate, that if you install the enhancedgooglesearch things go back to normal...however I get force closed like crazy until I uninstall it.

Any ideas? Anyone got this to work?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. xero287

xero287 Newbie

Well you removed Bing, thus removing all of its embedded properties in the phone. That's why your getting an infinite loop task of force closing. You really can't open anything Bing related without getting a infinite force close.

3. baldrob

baldrob Newbie

That's strange. I don't have any issues and all I did was freeze everything associated with Bing, install the Google apps and reboot.

When I push the search button it opens Google.

4. y0bailey

y0bailey Member

Can you let me know exactly what you froze (like all of the apps)? Did you uninstall or just freeze? Then after that did you just install google search and voice search from the market?

If you don't mind walking me through to make sure I am not missing a step.

5. y0bailey

y0bailey Member

Also, just to confirm we are talking about the same thing. I can get google search to work fine. I can manually make google search and google voice search work....I cannot just press the search "soft key" or long press on the "soft key" and have it open up google or google voice search. Instead it either says "application not installed" (after I freeze bing), or opens up bing (if bing is not froze and google programs are installed).

6. y0bailey

y0bailey Member

So figured out a fix for now.

Installed LauncherPro. Button now works. Weird, but read some forums about the Samsung Fascinate that used the same fix.

Hope others find this useful.

NE_Phil and bigdanmeys13 like this.
  7. baldrob

baldrob Newbie

After reading this I went back and checked and it turns out it was ADW launcher that made it work for me.

8. NE_Phil

NE_Phil Newbie

y0bailey - Thanks for the tip! I'm now running Gingerbread and using LauncherPro (had to install Home Control first). My search button now opens Google - LIKE IT SHOULD!!! :D

9. BLACKTOOTHGRIN

BLACKTOOTHGRIN Android Enthusiast

I didn't know that Launcher Pro was making it possible.
    I thought it was just because I installed Google Search.
    I am running both of those on my UNrooted Commando.

*just letting people know that you don't have to be rooted to get the
    search button working with Google.*:)

I HATE BING!!!!

Casio G'Zone Commando Forum

The Casio G'Zone Commando release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.6" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, processor, and 1460mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews