• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Dead Battery, Boot Loop?, Power Cuts Out. Need data recover.

JHattonLacey

Lurker
May 26, 2011
Hey guys and gals :)

Huge problems here and im hoping you can help me. Im running out of ideas fast.

Basically i replaced the battery on my S6 2 months ago and all appeared to be OK. 2 weeks ago i found that my phone was turning itself off in my pocket. Power back on, no problem. As the days went by this happened more and more often.

I performed a cache partition wipe and a system update in an attempt to resolve the problem. No joy. Whilst using my phone i noticed that all of sudden the screen would go black. I then would have to power up the phone again. I also noticed that my battery level would go from 60 odd percent down to 1 until i restarted it.

I stripped the phone down again hoping that the battery just had a poor connection. I rebuilt it and now the phone will only power up when plugged in via USB, however half a second in the SAMSUNG Galaxy S6 edge powered by Android screen the phone will die and attempt to reboot.

I purchased a new S7 today but i need to get as much info and data as i can off my old S6. Contacts, Texts, Pics, Music, App, Games Saves.

I tried EaseUS Mobisaver and Windows 10 Version of Smart Switch but both require the phone to be on and stable to work. I pray someone can help me and any advice or suggestion would be great. Thank you in advance.

Ive also included a short 10 sec or so video of how the phones behaving.

Attachments

• WIN_20170909_18_00_39_Pro.mp4
    5.8 MB · Views: 128
Last edited:

Basically i replaced the battery on my S6 2 months ago and all appeared to be OK. 2 weeks ago i found that my phone was turning itself off in my pocket. Power back on, no problem. As the days went by this happened more and more often.

I performed a cache partition wipe and a system update in an attempt to resolve the problem. No joy. Whilst using my phone i noticed that all of sudden the screen would go black. I then would have to power up the phone again. I also noticed that my battery level would go from 60 odd percent down to 1 until i restarted it.

I stripped the phone down again hoping that the battery just had a poor connection. I rebuilt it and now the phone will only power up when plugged in via USB, however half a second in the SAMSUNG Galaxy S6 edge powered by Android screen the phone will die and attempt to reboot.

I purchased a new S7 today but i need to get as much info and data as i can off my old S6. Contacts, Texts, Pics, Music, App, Games Saves.

I tried EaseUS Mobisaver and Windows 10 Version of Smart Switch but both require the phone to be on and stable to work. I pray someone can help me and any advice or suggestion would be great. Thank you in advance.

Sounds like the replacement battery is defective, I presume it's an after-market one and not Samsung original. If the battery is duff and unable to run the phone
, then you're not going to be able to do anything with it probably.

Really only way to prove that and possibly retrieve your data, is trying another known good battery. Do you still have the original Samsung battery, is that still able to charge and power the phone enough? Where did you buy the replacement battery, Ebay or something?

Last edited:
Reactions: JHattonLacey
Upvote 0
Thank you both for quick reply i really appriciate it, i purchased the battery off eBay but its got the Samsung logo on it and serial number although i never checked the S/N. I suspected it wasnt new or genuine so i emailed the guy after i had it delivered. He assured me it was and beings it worked OK for a while i assumed it was. I think i kept the old one, ill find it out and try and swap it over this afternoon and get back to you. Cant do any harm. Did you see how it seems the battery just cuts out from the video? I phoned a local repair shop and he suspected a faulty logic board... £££.

Reactions: Rico ANDROID
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones