1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Dead NOTE 3

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Dantheman24, Nov 29, 2014.

1. Dantheman24

Dantheman24 Lurker

Anyone hear of this issue.....

After downloading att/Samsung op update... phone turned off and never turned back on again. Switched out battery...tried to reboot in safe mode holding three buttons down... plugged into charger no response no lights...computer does not recognize phone....its completely dead. Never got wet and didn't receive any trauma. Phone is less than a year old. ATT sent out another phone but I didn't back up unit so I lost priceless information...learned my lesson. Any ideas on how to restart this Samsung NOTE 3?

2. voklst

voklst Lurker

Yes my samsung n3 has done this 2 times now. And I did not download/upload anything. It did this all on its own. No lights NOTHING. DEAD. I also tried everything then when nothing worked. I left it in what I thought was thee ON position, and left it alone. 45 minutes later....
    Turned on all by itself, like nothing went awry.
    I also am having problems with the vid cam Not recording. And pics in Camera file, DCIM file and image files that I have deleted and moved until I'm blue and they keep reappearing in back where they originally started....
    Oh btw I use another phone to take pics of Snotes, send to this phone, store on 64gb card..that way if phone dies I still have the card with info. But I may have to get another phone...but mine is just over 1yr. Old plus I still owe $$$ on it.

3. ScandaLeX

ScandaLeX Wasn't Me

Do you have these reappearing pics stored in the cloud?
    Could explain why every time you remove them from your phone, they come back.

dustwun77 likes this.
  4. voklst

voklst Lurker

No not in cloud....oddly just went to T-mobile shop..she actually checked this thread cuz I told her about it & probs.
    So now new phone (*better be new & not refurb!) Coming next 2 days. If Im not happy i can trade that in for an S4
    The note & s4 are only latest models
    But new phone should be loaded with 4.4.4 already....we'll see...t-mob rep could not believe that pics reappeared after she deleted them. We'll see what happens with new phone

5. voklst

voklst Lurker

Oh btw, when i write pics reappearing talking about pics i took not any funzio or advertised ads or gaming pics..

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 release date was September 2013. Features and Specs include a 5.7" inch screen, 13MP camera, 3GB RAM, Snapdragon 800 processor, and 3200mAh battery.

September 2013
Release Date
Reviews