1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Dead Pixels Anyone?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by phalanx, Jun 4, 2010.

1. phalanx

phalanx Lurker

Noticed a single stuck red pixel on my screen... was so excited about the phone that I didn't wanna return it and have to wait a few days for a replacement since all the radioshacks around my area are sold out.

2. Aridon

Aridon Well-Known Member

Haven't seen any yet. I'd give it a week or so and try to get a replacement.

3. I've already swapped my first EVO that had multiple stuck pixels for another EVO that has a diagonal band of DEAD pixels in the middle of the screen. Gotta wait till next week for another due to stock being out...kind of pissed off. Anyone else have such bad luck?

4. BODHi

BODHi Newbie

Have 2 red stuck ones dead center mass that are bugging the crap out of me. I called ratshack and was told that I would have to wait till they had extras for a swap out (wonder how long that will take.)

I had a bad experience with them, so I'm wondering should I just return it to them and try to find one at a Sprint store. I don't want to kill the contract and lose my number though. Any thoughts?

At the moment in order to get my mind away from those red monsters, I'm looking at it as a test out the phone period and what to look for when i exchange it.

5. sagedil

sagedil Android Expert

FWIW, no dead pixels.

6. TeamPEZ

TeamPEZ Well-Known Member

YES! I thought I did something to it ... but I am glad that I am not alone. Did you all go back to BB, RS or Sprint to exchange it?

7. splattered

splattered Newbie

surprisingly i have zero stuck/dead pixels... i was JUST looking at that a few mins ago :) Got mine from a sprint corp store

8. shadrap

shadrap Android Enthusiast

None here.

9. Tamara24

Tamara24 Newbie

none here either....got mine from the shack as well. but i will definitely be keeping a close eye on it during this thirty days!

10. Caloy

Caloy Android Expert

None that I can detect. Hopefully it's not my eyesight.

11. BODHi

BODHi Newbie

The ones I have stand out the most when the screen is displaying black or dark colors. I found 'em when i started using the camera.

12. timlot1

timlot1 Newbie

No stuck or dead pixels, but along the black border where the edge of lcd meet there is a extremly small, but very annoying defect on the inside of the glass that creates a sprarkle effect when you move from side to side. BB let me walk out with it, but gave me another pre order for the 2nd wave which is they were almost out of. Still deciding should I live with it or return next friday, because I'm already geeting attached to it.

13. Bojangles3

Bojangles3 Newbie

I used to have a stuck pixel on my computer monitor, but rubbing it seemed to make it disappear. Have you tried that?

14. tjwoo

tjwoo Well-Known Member

I have no problems with mine at all, but you:

Attached Files:

15. Mateo

Mateo Well-Known Member

None here, got mine from BB... That really sucks though for you guys, I'd be pissed off. Good luck returning them, I hope they dont give you a hard time.

16. bodu

bodu Newbie

One stuck red pixel near the middle of the screen.

One dead pixel is one too many imo, definitely swapping this out

17. There's an app called jScreenFix in the Market. Some claim it may unstick pixels. You could give it a shot.

18. acuracing

acuracing Member

None on mine *knock on wood*

19. somnambulus

somnambulus Member

I got one, going to try to fix it. Will RS swap it out for me cause of pixel?

20. if they don't ask for a full refund and go else where. that is a defective phone. it is not working properly , screen blemish, lol your evo's have pimples...

lemme stop i get mine in a couple days on the next shipment, dont wanna jinx me :(

21. htc.EVOlution

htc.EVOlution Android Expert

no dead pixels on my google unit

22. somnambulus

somnambulus Member

jScreenFix made it go away a little, but I can still see the faded pixel. I think I am just going to swap it out to be safe. I don't want this thing coming back to bite me later.

23. senormatt

senormatt Well-Known Member

i have 2 but surprisingly isn't bothering me and won't be switching anytime soon if at all

24. phalanx

phalanx Lurker

Running this now... hopefully it takes care of my single very noticeable stuck red pixel :(

25. somnambulus

somnambulus Member

I just noticed something and this will definitely force me to return it. The top of my screen (where the discolored pixels are) is all messed up. In google maps and the browser, when I am trying to pan around if my finger goes to the top of the screen then it just spazzes out and zooms me all over the place. I hope this makes sense. Argh...so frustrating...

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews