1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Dead Pixels

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Gooser91, Apr 17, 2012.

1. Gooser91

Gooser91 Well-Known Member

I have had three Primes thus far, all with atleast a dead pixel. I am currently waiting for my fourth to arrive, and was wondering if you guys could help me out.

Could you please download an app from the market such as dead pixel test. When trying this app can you please go to MAX brightness AND super IPS mode! Try the black screen on the test and and look closely for a dead pixel.

If I'm three for three, I find it hard for others to be problem free. Please make sure to be on max brightness and super IPS, otherwise the dead pixel might not even be visible!

This is my last shot at getting a problem free display, next step is full refund and wait for either the infinity or windows 8 tablets...

Thank you, and please let me know your results!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ylexot

ylexot Android Expert

Wouldn't a dead pixel be black and be very difficult to pick up on a black screen? If I have a dead pixel, I haven't noticed yet, so I don't really care.

3. Gooser91

Gooser91 Well-Known Member

actually they can be black OR white. I'm specifically looking for white ones, hence a black background, so no, they would be VERY easy to see actually.

Also, I'm asking whether people can run the pixel test with full brightness, and super IPS.

You can't simply say "I haven't seen a dead pixel", please. Your post is completely irrelavant to what I'm looking for. I want the procedure I outlined to be followed, in order to gather information that is consistent with mine, and I would appreciate either using a test app, or refraining from commenting with opinion about yours.

Let's stick to facts and easily reproducible methods to observing these pixels

Thank you!

4. Tman5293

Tman5293 Well-Known Member

I'm on my second prime (this one's a keeper) because the first one I got had a black dead pixel right in the middle of the screen. It was very visible on white screens so I returned it the day after I got it. I bought my prime from Gamestop so I took it back to them and had it exchanged for another one. This one works perfect! I've had it for almost two weeks now and have had no issues with it.

5. JAy3001

JAy3001 Android Expert

Just performed your test on a black and white screen. No issues here.

ASUS Eee Pad Transformer Forum

The ASUS Eee Pad Transformer release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 10.1" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, and Nvidia Tegra 2 T20 processor.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews