• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [DEAD][ROM] CTMod Admire - updated 4/14/2013

No I just looked at your rom and saw what was wrong with my updater script. But i was thinking of using your's as a base... But no i saw the updater script used some OA files so I copied the sdcard folder. You don't mind right? I should probably be more worried about spz0.

Its cool but i only used oa to port because its 2.3.6 and so is ctmod so i just kept the updater just to make things easier. I see you gave me a thank you so i have nothing to bitch about :p

Reactions: Cogra147 and k0r
Upvote 0
I'm liking the update, but have a question. Any idea how to update the playstore? tried installing by just clicking on the apk file, but the installer wouldn't install it. then i tried using adb to remove the old playstore (vending) and pushed the new one but as soon as you open the app it shuts itself down. i tried changing permissions through root explorer too. Oh, and I tried to flash the gapps zip as well . . . none of this stuff worked. any advice is much appreciated.

besides this the ROM rules! I LOVE FINALLY having some toggles in the notification bar. This feature alone makes this ROM better than most of the other admire ROMs (in my opinion, of course)

Upvote 0
I'm liking the update, but have a question. Any idea how to update the playstore? tried installing by just clicking on the apk file, but the installer wouldn't install it. then i tried using adb to remove the old playstore (vending) and pushed the new one but as soon as you open the app it shuts itself down. i tried changing permissions through root explorer too. Oh, and I tried to flash the gapps zip as well . . . none of this stuff worked. any advice is much appreciated.

besides this the ROM rules! I LOVE FINALLY having some toggles in the notification bar. This feature alone makes this ROM better than most of the other admire ROMs (in my opinion, of course)

I installed it by copying it to the system/app folder and renaming it "Vending" and set the permissions & owner like this! Then you should be good;)

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1362203581332.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1362203581332.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 134
  • uploadfromtaptalk1362203601454.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1362203601454.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 114
Reactions: puyow18
Upvote 0

Crap I knew I forgot to update something! :p

I installed it by copying it to the system/app folder and renaming it "Vending" and set the permissions & owner like this! Then you should be good;)

Thanks Killah for helping out puyow

Upvote 0
well i went ahead and put the ROM on and the browser worked FLAWLESS! im really satisfied with this ROM, great work man.. one thing though is that theres no charging notification? and also no email notification for gmail. but awesome man !!! so quick and so much space.

Mine has gmail notification icon too :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
well i went ahead and put the ROM on and the browser worked FLAWLESS! im really satisfied with this ROM, great work man.. one thing though is that theres no charging notification? and also no email notification for gmail. but awesome man !!! so quick and so much space.

Try updating gmail from the playstore....

Upvote 0
So yesterday I went ahead and decided to give this a try.. I liked this so much, I switched from my Coolpad Quattro 4G and now im back on the Admire.. feels like a completely different phone. Much better than the OA ROM.

However on landscape mode there seems to be some lag and issues just so you know. Thanks for this great port!

Wow man that realy means alot to me! thanks...

Upvote 0
Wow man that realy means alot to me! thanks...

No problem. The coolpad has nothing going on for it, we got root for it few days ago but at the end of the day the phone is still garbage.. I mean what do you expect from these cheap Chinese manufacturers.

Oh and btw do you have the original ctmod wallpaper that you have in the screenshots in the OP?

Upvote 0
No problem. The coolpad has nothing going on for it, we got root for it few days ago but at the end of the day the phone is still garbage.. I mean what do you expect from these cheap Chinese manufacturers.

Oh and btw do you have the original ctmod wallpaper that you have in the screenshots in the OP?

Yea... Ripped for you... under attached files.

Attachments

• default_wallpaper.png
    default_wallpaper.png
    225.7 KB · Views: 114
Reactions: Kaiser17
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones