• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
If it doesn't charge with the cable, try a different, known good cable. For some reason, the S9 & Note 9 are notoriously picky about how they feel like charging, and it changes faster than the Darling Bride can change her mind. Let us know the results of the 30 second button press as recommended by @ocnbrze and using a couple of known good charging cables.

Upvote 0
I can't say I've had any similar issues with my S9 other than a flaky cable or two. It charges fine with and without wires.
Anyway I agree the next thing to try is wired charging with a known good cable and charger. If that produces the same result even after extended time on the charger, the battery may be bad or there may be a hardware problem with the phone.
One more thing to try is connect it to a PC with the proper Samsung drivers installed and see if it is detected and can be opened to view the storage.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones