1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Dead screen

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by camplejo, Sep 5, 2012.

1. camplejo

camplejo Active Member

Mar 30, 2011
    This morning I put my Optimus V in my pocket as I got out of bed and then stumbled a little and hit into the bed post right on my pocket where the phone was. When I pulled it out, and tried to turn it on, the screen was all white. I removed the battery and rebooted it and it boots fine and seems to be working except the screen is all black now.

Have I ruined the phone? Is there anything I can do about it?

Advertisement

2. Petrah

Petrah Psychotic Female

Jun 13, 2011
    Female
    Annoying my X-Husband
    Hanover Park, IL
    If no one can offer any assistance with helping you fix this; as long as you are the original owner of the phone and you've had it less than 1 year (1 year warranty only covers the original owner of the phone), you can call VM USA and request a free replacement phone.

3. camplejo

camplejo Active Member

Mar 30, 2011
    Thanks...have had it about 18 months. I called VM and they will send me a reconditioned one for $25. Now I just need to figure out how to get all my stuff off the old one without being able to see the screen :-(

4. AndyOpie150

AndyOpie150 <strong> <a href="http://androidforums.com/optimus

May 13, 2011
    Laborer (all the dirty nasty work nobody else want
    Florida
    Try using Droid@Screen. It might allow you to see your screen on your PC.

Go to the sticky "The Truth About ROM Manager". It has a very good video link and all the instructions and links for getting it installed properly on your PC.

As a matter of fact Petrah was the one who helped me with my first install of Droid@Screen

Tags: