1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Dead spots on touchscreen

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by garybeck, Oct 9, 2014.

1. garybeck

garybeck Android Enthusiast

I have been noticing some dead spots on my touchscreen. It's not 100% consistent but sometimes I touch the screen and nothing happens. Sometimes it gets better when I reboot but not always. I removed my protective screen cover to see if that was the problem but it is still happening.

Is this most likely a hardware issue, or should I consider restoring? (the phone is not rooted).

I think I've had it less than a year so it might be still under warranty.

Anyone else having a similar problem?

any ideas on fixing it?

thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. VM25

VM25 Newbie

I may have noticed this on one occasion, but it may have been a fluke because I haven't experienced this recently. It might have just been bad contact with the screen.

If you go to settings->developer options->show touches, you can see the phone track the touch screen input and verify if it is picking up all the touches accurately.

3. tnertb

tnertb Newbie

I've noticed on mine I get dead spots sometimes and other times I get super sensitive spots.

reboot and all is fine, just annoying. :/

4. EdmundAshdown

EdmundAshdown Lurker

I've had this same problem with every touch screen i have ever had. Usually reboot fixes it.

5. edodson84

edodson84 Android Expert

If u feel its a hardware issue and its under a yr call virgin up for a new device... Otherwise buy a new phone as its cheaper than repairing urs

6. garybeck

garybeck Android Enthusiast

it seems to have gone fixed itself for now...

ZTE Awe Forum

The ZTE Awe release date was Q2 2007. Features and Specs include a 4.13" inch screen, 0.1MP camera, 128GB RAM, and processor.

Q2 2007
Release Date
Reviews