• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Imanutter

Lurker
Sep 4, 2012
Hi all, I have a goclever a73 tab which worked great untill I used the wrong charger on it. It then got very very hot, had to then open it up and desolder the battery from the board as the chip was untouchable. The big question is can it be fixed or anyone in the uk fix it?

Thanks all

Hi Imanutter welcome to AF.

Sounds like you managed to fry it good and proper. This is a $100 budget Chinese device, I'm sure no one repairs these things. Certainly wouldn't be economic anyway, not in the UK. If you over-voltaged it or reversed polarity, you probably blew every chip in the thing.

Mind me asking, how did you manage to use the wrong charger? I thought most of these Chinese tablets used standard USB chargers, either mini or micro USB plug.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones