• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Dead thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will someone please do something about this thread? It is so far off topic it sux. The title States " Root Status Update " . It now has everything but updates. Please take all the other BS elsewhere.

It's not on-topic, but it's also not "BS." Most of it, anyway. I've found a lot of useful info in this thread, peripheral to the thread title issue, some not related at all.

Mods have left it alone. I'm wondering if it's because they like the thread as it is. I don't know.

Upvote 0
If the thread had only postings from the devs and their updates, it would have to be bumped frequently to keep it on the first page, probably.

Or new threads on the same subject started from time to time.

Now, we wouldn't want that, would we?

My god NO...lol....Dont need this to be a 2.x update issue!
Caddyman will update first page of the thread with info that I gave him :)

Upvote 0
i did, a 96 deville 4 door, beautiful car, loved it very much. sold it recently and bought my dads chrysler concorde. i will have another one soon

Were DeVilles ever made as anything but four doors? Just wondering.

And this thread is plenty on topic. Mentioning 2.1 is perfectly relevant to the root. Someone with 16 posts should not be dictating what frequent posters are doing.

Upvote 0

And this thread is plenty on topic. Mentioning 2.1 is perfectly relevant to the root. Someone with 16 posts should not be dictating what frequent posters are doing.

don't scare the n00b away! we need fresh blood...=]

after 1970 DeVilles were no longer available in 2 doors

Upvote 0

Yea right you smart ass...just like talking about Devilles...that's really on topic.

And your not scaring me away... I post on here when I need some info. I don't have the time to sit on here all day and post smart ass comments about everyone's post. You obviously don't have a job or a life!!! Why don't you come out here on this Oil Rig with me we always have room for one more smart ass.

And so you have more posting power since you post a comment every 2 minutes?

Upvote 0
The update really does mean a lot. I think people here stray off topic the most when there hasn't been an update in a while. Not because they don't think progress is being made, but because they have no clear evidence of what is being worked on. To me, someone who doesn't even understand what an exploit is, this information reminded me of how exciting this time is. We have a root coming soon. The update just shows we can cross more things off our to do list -- whittle down the stick to the point where we will find the root! Go Devs!! You're almost there; I can feel it!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones