• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Dead thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a Q why some of these instructions geared towards windows users only?

For the most part the instructions will be the same for linux/mac users except they run the command ./adb instead of adb. Plus, linux users tend to be able to figure out the command line stuff more on their own rather than needing to be walked through it.

I flashed with the eris_LP-0_1 package & love it but I'm having trouble locking the screen (I also flashed w/the patch)
#I'm assuming that "Install" means to flash with the update package?

So pressing the [End Call] (red button) used to lock my screen, now I need to wait for the screensaver to activate before the lockscreen is enabled...any ideas? (I only flashed, didn't wipe data)

(I know it's a beta ROM and I took a risk by installing it but I'm just curious to know if I installed the lockscreen update properly or if I did something wrong?)

edit:
I have log files (aLogcat) if that might be helpful?

I really couldn't easily tell you what's causing that problem. I'd recommend you do a data/dalvik wipe and install one of the newer rom's though if you want to fix any issues and stability.

Upvote 0
Don't know if anyone else is having this issue. I was directed to come here and ask this question. I have the latest leak on my phone and about two hours ago, I was restarting the phone, when I hit the power button I was greeted with a black screen with a picture of a phone and a red triangle with an !. Eventually, after a few battery pulls later, the phone finally turned back on. Now I am getting an message that says the process com.htc.bg has unexpectedly stopped working and every time I exit out of an app the phone re-loads itself, goes to the black htc screen and then says loading before the home page comes back up. Can anyone help me? I was going to do a back up and then factory reset the phone and see if that helps....

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones