• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Deall Streak Vs HTC EVO Vs Samsung Galaxy S

mohit1234

Lurker
Jun 3, 2010
Im planning to buy a smartphone this summer and im confused whether to choose the streak, evo 4g or galaxy s.:thinking:
Pricing is not a problem fr me and all 3 phones ill be buying unlocked.
Just wanted to know which one is the best.
I wont be using 4g and my 3g usage will also be very little.(btw im in a country where 3g has just began)
Also as evo 4g is a CDMA phone hw will i use it on another network?
i will be using this as my primary phone. Most of the specs r the same, but could someone plz advise me which one to buy and why its better than the other 2.
Thnx in advance.

Where are you exactly? I don't think CDMA (HTC EVO 4G) works outside of North America and maybe Japan. However, the other two can be used on T-Mobile and AT&T I believe. If I was outside a CDMA area and had to pick between the Galaxy S and the Dell, I would pick the Dell. Although, putting a phone that big up to my head to call would be pretty dumb looking... lol.

It comes down to if you can even use CDMA, and then it comes down to Dell advertising the Streak as a tablet first and a phone second. The galaxy is impressive but i'd still go with a Dell... and use a bluetooth to make calls. lol

Reactions: mohit1234
Upvote 0
Where are you exactly? I don't think CDMA (HTC EVO 4G) works outside of North America and maybe Japan. However, the other two can be used on T-Mobile and AT&T I believe. If I was outside a CDMA area and had to pick between the Galaxy S and the Dell, I would pick the Dell. Although, putting a phone that big up to my head to call would be pretty dumb looking... lol.

It comes down to if you can even use CDMA, and then it comes down to Dell advertising the Streak as a tablet first and a phone second. The galaxy is impressive but i'd still go with a Dell... and use a bluetooth to make calls. lol
Im in India. Here we do hve CDMA by reliance and tata(2 different companies). Yeah the problem with the dell was the size wen using as a phone. Ill see the reviews after tomorrows launch in UK and then ill see. Btw thanks! :)

Upvote 0
If what you choose means possibly changing carriers, you should first be sure you choose the carrier that best provides service where you need it, and support.

After that then it depends somewhat on your needs.

Among considerations for me to make a choice, here are some that I consider important ones:

EVO
Carrier not good in my area
Hardware wise, the serious battery drain on it would be a problem.
I won't be going to this. (I do love HTC, and I like the HTC Sense)

Dell Streak
It is on Android 1.6. That puts me off, even though it would be likely that it can or will be upgraded, although not sure how soon.

I'm not sure about the size. Regarding using Blue Tooth: that of course is a possiblity, but oveor the years, I find wearing a blue tooth of some time is not that great of an experience. At least, not all the time. You will likely find yourself holding the large phone to the size of your head. But who cares? :p

Galaxy S
Quite a few people are very mad at Samsung due to not upgrading their earlier Android phone, so they say don't buy this. And they say Samsung support is not great. But others speak of support from online places such as Modaco. In my case, I typically never get support from the HW Vendor.

There is one thing that drives me toward selecting the Galaxy S: the Super Amoled screen. I have been unhappy with screens on Smart Phones due to not being able to see them in sunlight. Supposedly this is not a problem for the Galaxy S.

The other large consideration for me is that some initial reports I have read is that battery life for this one is quite good, that is, compared to other smart phones.

Also the touch screen performance is supposed to be great, and somewhat better than others. I don't consider this a great big consideration though.

If HTC had a Super Amoled Screen, and the higher end specs available to me on other than Sprint I would consider it. That being said, If I don't go wiht the Galaxy (it of course needs to be availbe to me), I may go to an HTC Incredible.

Good luck with your decision.

Reactions: mohit1234
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones