• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Dear Admin...

There should be a filter to get rid of all the 2.1 threads, just for a bit. I for one would like to see something other then "when is 2.1 coming out" or "can I roll back if I upgraded to the leak".

Me personally I have the 2.1 second "leak" yeah its not perfect but I am fine with it until the OTA comes out. Either way we still have a solid running phone. I didn't realize how good it was till I booted up my old Omnia the other day.

Oh and +1 for swype. I am looking forward to the final release when it comes out.

The problem is all the 2.1 threads are pages and pages long... I, and I'm sure most will agree don't have time to sift through all that on a daily basis.

I don't "sift through" many sections of this phandroid forum cluster that I find either not relevant or not interesting.

I'm sure I'm not the only one with that bit of self-control it takes to only go to forums and click the threads I want to go to.

Upvote 0
a ground breaking feature came out a few years back, apparently hospitals, clinics & emergency rooms were being over run by people suffering spasms from holding down the left mouse button and (if u can believe how barbaric it was) drag the pointer down to reach the bottom of pages, this ground breaking feature I speak of was the scroll wheel. However this led to problems on it's own, notably the even more rapidly expanding ass do to the elimination of the previous mentioned 10 calorie burning activity

Upvote 0
a ground breaking feature came out a few years back, apparently hospitals, clinics & emergency rooms were being over run by people suffering spasms from holding down the left mouse button and (if u can believe how barbaric it was) drag the pointer down to reach the bottom of pages, this ground breaking feature I speak of was the scroll wheel. However this led to problems on it's own, notably the even more rapidly expanding ass do to the elimination of the previous mentioned 10 calorie burning activity

Another phenomenon that has popped up is that the grammar police have become completely overwhelmed due to the upsurge of posts with terrible grammar.

Upvote 0

+1
too funny :)

I never really understood the issue with repeat postings.
there are tons of 2.1 threads but I rarely ever read them because
I know there is nothing new and I don't waste my time to comment
on why people shouldn't post it.

It's an open forum so you should be able to do and say whatever you like as long as you are not offending others.

What bothers me is when people attack people in forums yet nobody does or says anything much about that but more attention is spent on ppl who post yet another 2.1 thread..

Idk...

but this was a funny post :)

Upvote 0
I hear where the OP is coming from; with some people running 1.5 and others with 2.1, its almost like we're talking about 2 different phones. They break up this forum site by phone (Droid, nexus, hero, etc ) so that people don't have to sift through postings on other phones that are irrelevant to them.

The point will be moot when the OTA 2.1 OS is released. Then most folks will be running the same OS again.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones