1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Debugging is not working...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by PRkid, Dec 20, 2011.

1. PRkid

PRkid Android Enthusiast

My phone is not rooted, just stock (just in case it matters). I plug in the USB from phone to computer, but nothing happens. I have the USB Debugging option, checked. Nothing pops up. The phone charges, but nothing else. I want to transfer files, from my computer, to the phone. Its not letting me do it. Whats wrong?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. jzebrahockey

jzebrahockey Android Enthusiast

Slide down your notification bar and there should be one that says USB. Press that and it should pop up with three options to choose from. If you want USB debugging choose internet. If you want to transfer files from your sd card to your computer or vice versa then select mass storage. Thats all you need to do.

3. PRkid

PRkid Android Enthusiast

I slid down the notification, and there is no option for USB. Nothing at all happens. Nothing on the computer, nothing on the phone.. Except charges the phone :/

4. danyvw

danyvw Android Enthusiast

You will need to install the drivers. There is lots of threads here in the forum with the drivers links. Sorry for not post them, I'm on the phone using phandroid now.

5. jzebrahockey

jzebrahockey Android Enthusiast

This happens to me sometimes. Just keep unplugging and replugging in your phone and it should work. If not reboot your phone and pc.

6. demarsjcd

demarsjcd Android Enthusiast

My phone never showed that it was in debugging mode however it always was. I think the notification is turned off by default in super user, but I could be wrong because I dont currently have my esteem right now

7. nuttmeg

nuttmeg Extreme Android User

if the phone is in Mass Storage usb debug will not show, it has to be in Internet mode.

8. Aplus

Aplus Android Enthusiast

Also, you can not turn debugging on/off while it's plugged in.

9. ShinySide

ShinySide Extreme Android User

I cant safely unmount it from my computer unless I switch it out of Internet mode and into to mass storage or charge only.

LG Esteem Forum

The LG Esteem release date was October 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

October 2011
Release Date
Reviews