• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Dec. 11th Droid Update

michaelearth

Nov 5, 2009
On December 11th there is supposed to be an OTA software update for the Motorola Droid. And in one of the things it's supposed to fix is the Auto-Focus for the camera. Now my question is, Will this help at all with the graininess in lower light pictures? Or is there a camera app taht could help it take better pictures after the auto focus is fixed?

Thanks

It's disappointing that there is nothing in the notes about Exchange security policy or support for IPSec group name / password in the native VPN client. I couldn't care less about the camera.

That said, I am still very happy with Droid so far and I'm pretty impressed at the fact that they are already releasing an update. Here's hoping that the updates keep on rolling out!

Upvote 0
On December 11th there is supposed to be an OTA software update for the Motorola Droid. And in one of the things it's supposed to fix is the Auto-Focus for the camera. Now my question is, Will this help at all with the graininess in lower light pictures? Or is there a camera app taht could help it take better pictures after the auto focus is fixed?

Thanks

Will the update automatically go to the people who already own a Droid? Or do they have to take them to Verizon stores after Dec 11 in order to get these updates? Sorry if my questions is dumb but I suck with tech stuff :eek:

Upvote 0
Will the update automatically go to the people who already own a Droid? Or do they have to take them to Verizon stores after Dec 11 in order to get these updates? Sorry if my questions is dumb but I suck with tech stuff :eek:

The update is "OTA" which means "Over The Air". So you can just download the update straight to your phone without going to Verizon, i believe.

Upvote 0
From what I've read so far, it looks like it will be OTA (Over the air), and will likely be "pushed" out to all Droid devices.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones