• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Decalgirl custom case disappointment

Privyet

Jan 18, 2014
I made a custom case for my note 3 and ordered it on the 1st and it came today. I made the art in Photoshop and used 300dpi like you should use on the majority of printing jobs and on the website my picture looked crisp and hi res as I used it in the editor.

Well my case came today looking fuzzy as hell. it's off center too.
I checked my picture and it isn't even blurry. I checked the case preview picture and it's like they shifted the final product to the right a little. The colors are darker than the png I used (is that the problem? There wasn't a disclaimer on the site for which format to use and I googled and people said png are better for printing)

I'm just disappointed with how the case turned out. It looks like an amateur printing company made it using low res image and I expected some crisp clear high detail case. Plus there are scratches.

If it wasn't for the off center thing I could live with it.

It seems I'll never have a Wonder Woman case for my note 3.

I have custom gelaskin skins for my 3ds and they turned out better than this. Is artscow stuff good quality? I looked at their site and unlike decalgirl they had guides on how to properly position your art

If I remember maybe I will send you a picture of the mouse pads and lighters I have ordered from there.

They are usually all pretty darn good quality. :)

Plus as the other member in this thread stated, their support is rather good.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones