1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Decent prepaid?

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by JAJameson2010, Apr 19, 2012.

1. JAJameson2010

JAJameson2010 Android Enthusiast

So when my contract is up in Feb I'm considering going to a prepaid plan. I'm fond of the newest phones so I'm not sure this will really work for me... Right now I have the epic touch. The bigger the screen the better. Size does matter.... :D

I want something that has nationwide coverage (I occasionally travel for work) unlimited data and some cell phone minutes since I don't have a house phone. What's my best bet? Should I check out the large carriers for unlimited prepaid plans? I think I would want to test out the prepaid coverage before I cancel the current plan.

Is there any way to use the newest fun phones on the prepaid plans? I also go through a lot of data each month. 7Gigs was on my monthly bill from a few months ago.

Should I just stick with sprint? I probably would only save $20-$40 a month...

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. scythefwd

scythefwd Well-Known Member

Tmobile has a 50 a month plan that's supposedly unlimited.. BUT.. they limit your bandwidth after the first 200 a month.

3. JAJameson2010

:( I bet I'll be going well over that 200 a month too...

4. B2L

B2L Android Expert

Your better off sticking with Sprint if you use that much data. I've been with several prepaid carriers and I'm currently with Straight Talk. T-Mobile, Straight Talk, and Simple Mobile will start throttling you after 1-2 gbs and with Straight Talk they will completely cancel your monthly plan if you use more than they like.

5. JAJameson2010

Oh wow! Maybe I should just stay with Sprint! Always on the lookout for a better deal though ;) Maybe I can stay with them and not renew my contract?

6. marc12868

marc12868 Android Expert

well depending on how much you pay T-mo has a $70 plan for unlimited everything and you get 5gb of 4g after that it is 2g, but if you can stay within the 5gb of 4g you should have fast speeds.