• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Deciding factor for choosing S5 over M8?

Think back to all those times you blew up your phone pictures to greater than 8x10 size to really appreciate and get the most out of your high resolution photos...

If you thought back and have never done this, get the m8.

If you care about having better detailed pics, get the GS5. If you care about having an overall better phone experience, get the M8.

Upvote 0
If you care about having better detailed pics, get the GS5. If you care about having an overall better phone experience, get the M8.

Better overall phone is quite subjective thing. To me GS5 is better phone not just because of camera but also better screen, battery and durability. And it's easily as snappy as M8 with some slight tweaks on setting.

Upvote 0
Three things made my decision incredibly easy:

M8's awful camera, the inability to change the battery in the M8, and the lack of a physical home button on the M8.

I guess I also prefer TouchWiz to Sense, but if the phone was good enough I'd have made the switch. It wasn't, ergo easy decision.

I almost always switch out the battery when I get a new phone to an Anker one. The S5's is 2800mAh, but so far it's lasted about 54 hours on a single charge with constant Wi-Fi & 4G LTE connections (and about 10% left, without going into Ultimate Power Saving mode). I probably will hold off on replacing the battery until this one starts giving me problems

Upvote 0

Disagree with that, I think Sense feels very dated and the white menus everywhere are like Android from 3/4 years ago. The stock music app is not a patch on the S5 one and my personal opinion is the S5 screen is better.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones