1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Deciding factor for choosing S5 over M8?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by danoffset, Apr 20, 2014.

1. I've seen videos of the S5 taking some serious water abuse.

I plan to use it for my Kayak Fishing Tournaments :)

Advertisement

2. swerver32

swerver32 Android Enthusiast

Think back to all those times you blew up your phone pictures to greater than 8x10 size to really appreciate and get the most out of your high resolution photos...

If you thought back and have never done this, get the m8.

3. bullpup

bullpup Lurker

WATER RESISTANT?!?! I tested my Samsung galaxy s5. I applied water pressure going into my ear receiver.

4. bullpup

bullpup Lurker

WATER RESISTANT?!?! I tested my Samsung galaxy s5. I applied water pressure going into my ear receiver. I filmed it in slow motion. Check it out:

Http://youtu.be/qtKnlVji1Jk

5. Damar1979

Damar1979 Android Enthusiast

If you care about having better detailed pics, get the GS5. If you care about having an overall better phone experience, get the M8.

6. Sandroidfan

Sandroidfan Android Expert

Better overall phone is quite subjective thing. To me GS5 is better phone not just because of camera but also better screen, battery and durability. And it's easily as snappy as M8 with some slight tweaks on setting.

7. Damar1979

Damar1979 Android Enthusiast

Agreed on being subjective. Because what's good for one, someone else may feel differently.

8. axel_2078

axel_2078 Android Enthusiast

My wife got the One M8 a couple days after it was released. I liked it a lot, but the camera wasn't that great and besides, I didn't want to have the same phone as her. I already had my heart set on the S5 anyway.

9. Tiffyish

Tiffyish Lurker

Three things made my decision incredibly easy:

M8's awful camera, the inability to change the battery in the M8, and the lack of a physical home button on the M8.

I guess I also prefer TouchWiz to Sense, but if the phone was good enough I'd have made the switch. It wasn't, ergo easy decision.

I almost always switch out the battery when I get a new phone to an Anker one. The S5's is 2800mAh, but so far it's lasted about 54 hours on a single charge with constant Wi-Fi & 4G LTE connections (and about 10% left, without going into Ultimate Power Saving mode). I probably will hold off on replacing the battery until this one starts giving me problems

10. smitty543

smitty543 Android Enthusiast

Another question about M8 Vs GS5 comparisons. How are their screens visibility out in "Bright Sun" (relative term, I guess)?? I thought I read somewhere that the GS5 screen can be seen in sunlight. Any experiene with the M8?? Better yet, has anyone been able to compare the two?

11. Crafty

Crafty Android Enthusiast

Disagree with that, I think Sense feels very dated and the white menus everywhere are like Android from 3/4 years ago. The stock music app is not a patch on the S5 one and my personal opinion is the S5 screen is better.

Samsung Galaxy S5 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S5 release date was April 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.1" inch screen, 16MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon 801 processor, and 2800mAh battery.

April 2014
Release Date
Reviews