1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Deciding on my first tablet

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by heythere, Apr 27, 2011.

1. heythere

heythere Lurker
    None

Apr 27, 2011
    Hi all,
    I did a fair bit of browsing and am trying to settle on which tablet to get for my first.

Ive identified 2 possibles, but perhaps there are others that might be better

Zenithink ZT-180II ePad
    Pandawill.com : Android OS : Zenithink ZT-180II ePad Upgraded 10 Inch MID Android 2.2 WIFI 1080P HDMI 1GHz CPU RJ45 Adapter Silver :

and

SuperPad Flytouch Pad 3rd
    Pandawill.com : Android OS : SuperPad Flytouch Pad 3rd Android 2.2 Support Flash Drive 10.1 Inch 4GB Silver GPS (External Antenna) RJ45 Port :

Both look very similar to me. Which one of these would be "better"?

Perhaps there are other options which might be better suited, my criteria is below in order of priority...
    1) Community Support - to ensure the device has a longer life span, ability to go to Android 2.2 or 2.3 etc.
    2) Ability to run larger sized divx movies without much issue - and the screen to show them well enough.
    3) Reasonable battery life.
    4) Multi touch/Capacitative screen - i know the above two are resistive... I dont mind resistive if it is "good" resistive, but prefer capacitative/multi.
    5) 10" screen preferred to read comics, but would settle for less if everything else was perfect.
    6) Price point around $150. If it is more, like the ones I linked, that is ok, but nothing over $200. Budget is a tad tight at the moment and for the foreseeable future. Anything else of course is great.
    7) Available to order now, or within the next week or so. So not like the Kogan one which isnt shipping in Aus til June or something.

I know these questions get asked a lot, but Ive read so many now that I am getting very lost and need a bit of clarity. I have done some research as you can see, but some expert advice is always appreciated.

Thank you all for your input, it is much appreciated!

Advertisement

2. androidw2

androidw2 Member
    None

Dec 27, 2010
    Moto Zoom, T-mobile G-slate or Nook Color rooted (cheap! 80$ if you look around!) I've even heard that Asus Eee Pad Transform is really good, and might be better than the Zoom and Gslate.

3. heythere

heythere Lurker
    None

Apr 27, 2011
    I thought these were all quite expensive units?
    Where did you see the Nook Color so cheap?

4. Roidz99

Roidz99 Member
    None

Apr 28, 2011
    seems there is only GPS on one of the 2 devices u put up. If they are same price and same specs for the rest then you gotta know if GPS is important.