1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Decision Time

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by RasputinTJS, Aug 29, 2011.

1. RasputinTJS

RasputinTJS Lurker
    None

Aug 29, 2011
    First time phone buyer! I've had a corporate issued blackberry for a decade but it's time I step out on my own company wise and therefore get a real phone.

So I'm looking for some advice, or confirmation perhaps, that I'm making the right choice. I'm looking at the Droid Bionic.

I've made this decision based on three major things: Carrier, Timeline and Specs.

Am I doing the right thing? I know the Bionic has had a lot of bad press but I didn't know of it's existence until just a week ago so I could care less about the delays. And there's always going to be newer/better phones on the horizon, I just need something soon that will last me a couple years.

The only other options I can fathom is going with an Samsung Infuse 4G from AT&T, but I'll be stuck with HSPA+ speeds even though the refurb phone online is just $20. That'll save me a few bucks, but lack of LTE is a concern and potential additional charges having the wife on another carrier.

What do you guys think? Thanks in advance for your advice/thoughts.

Advertisement

2. dylo22

dylo22 Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 19, 2010
    If Verizon is the carrier of your choice, then Bionic will be the best phone to get. Spec wise, it's not the latest and greatest. But it's the best there is for verizon at the this moment.

3. alostpacket

alostpacket Over Macho Grande?
    None

Nov 29, 2009
    Android App Developer
    NY
    Honestly, give a bunch of phones a try in the store. If you are coming from a crackberry you will be blown away (even by a model released last year).

Touchscreen smartphones are just that awesome. It's a real "wow" experience. :)

Bionic is good
    HTC Droid Incredible 2 is good
    HTC T-bolt is good
    Droid 3 is good
    Droid X2 is very good

4. Lombardi

Lombardi Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 13, 2011
    Go with HTC!!! Try them all out!!!

5. squirrel5150

squirrel5150 Newbie
    None

Aug 24, 2011
    IT Manager
    Indiana
    I like the HTC interface. The droid X2 physical buttons bothered me, but that's a personal thing. the samsung charge has a beautiful screen, but again, physical buttons (although IMO better than the droid X2). None of the 4G phones I'm aware of have excellent battery life (far from) They'll get better but their the first kids on the block.