1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Decisions ... Decisions ...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by SeauxCrazy, Jun 22, 2010.

1. SeauxCrazy

SeauxCrazy Android Enthusiast
    None

May 30, 2010
    New Orleans, LA
    Alright guys, here I go. I don't have any of the cosmetic or battery issues that some of you are complaining about, but I do have an isssue. I have the static during a call issue, almost like the other person is on a CB Radio. In the beginning, it didn't bother me, but as my 30 days wears closer, it's starting to irk me more and more. But here's the thing, since I don't have any of the cosmetic issues, what's the odds that I get a phone that suffers from the 'other' issues?

For those that have swapped out, about how long does it take to receive a replacement? I leave for Mexico on the 30th, so I need to make a decision quickly lol.

Sucks because I just set my phone up the way I liked it, have a Zagg installed and everything. Look like I'll lose my Zagg in the process with blows.

Advertisement

2. pwabbit

pwabbit Android Enthusiast
    None

Oct 19, 2009
    You have a bad phone. The Sprint store swapped out my Hero on the spot. Seeing that the Evo is in short supply, give your local Sprint repair store a call to see what they can do.

SeauxCrazy likes this.
  3. SeauxCrazy

None

May 30, 2010
    New Orleans, LA
    I'll give them a call this afternoon. Thanks.

Even if I bought it at RS, I can bring it back to Sprint? I have a problem ticket through their tech support already too, I'll bring that with me.

4. pwabbit

None

Oct 19, 2009
    Yes Sprint will take care of it. Radio Shack should exchange it too and HTC will as well.

SeauxCrazy likes this.
  5. SeauxCrazy

None

May 30, 2010
    New Orleans, LA
    Do I have to wipe out the phone, or will they do that if they take it?

6. pwabbit

None

Oct 19, 2009
    If you have it rooted, then you need to put it back to stock. If, it is not rooted, just take it into them. Your contacts/calendar transfer to the new phone at setup. I would also take out the SD card before giving the phone to them (just in case you have pictures, etc).

7. SeauxCrazy

None

May 30, 2010
    New Orleans, LA
    Nah, not rooted, just some paid apps and stuff. Nothing I can't re-download :)

Thanks for the help, I just don't think I could make it 2 years with that scratchy sound ... especially after it's gotten on my nerves in less than 30 days.

8. pwabbit

None

Oct 19, 2009
    I agree, my defective Hero had the scratchy sound and drove me crazy. I could never tolerate a phone that sounded like that again.

9. SeauxCrazy

None

May 30, 2010
    New Orleans, LA
    Ok, I'm not a happy Camper. I hate getting the runaround from companies, but I feel like I'm getting that. Sprint tech told me to bring it to a Sprint store for them to check it out and swap it out or put me on the waiting list. I go to the Sprint Store and they tell me they can't do anything about it b/c I bought it from RS. So I go to RS, and they say ... we can't do anything about it b/c they don't have any phones to swap out or put me on the waiting list. Problem is, I don't have the time to 'wait' to swap it out b/c they said it'll probably come in after my 30 days are up .....

I'm pissed b/c I brought the problem to them BEFORE the 30 days, but yet it doesn't count for anything because they don't stock the phones ... :(

If I can't find a swap out phone in the coming days, I might have to leave Sprint and crawl back to ATT (DO NOT want to do that!), but I'm at a crossroads b/c it's become a huge inconvenience to take phone calls on my PHONE, which is what it's main purpose is lol. Even if I don't use it much, I'd like it to be clear when I do.

I don't know which direction to go or do right now ...

Tags: