1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Dedicated shortcuts in 2.2

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by nich7601, Dec 12, 2010.

1. nich7601

nich7601 Lurker
    None

Dec 12, 2010
    Hi there. I purchased an HTC Incredible earlier this week and updated to 2.2. I previously had 2.1 on an Eris. While researching the updates to 2.2, I found that it is supposed to have a new layout to the toolbar at the bottom of the screen, with dedicated phone and browser buttons. However, my phone still has the old apps/phone/add layout. How do I get the new dock at the bottom? Did I misunderstand the article I read? I am using Sense, but will be switching to launcherpro again if I cannot get this figured out. Thank you.

Advertisement

2. CriticalCritic

CriticalCritic Android Expert
    None

Nov 9, 2009
    Cary, NC
    You have an android phone made by HTC, which means that it will automatically be running HTC Sense (with the exception of the N1). Anyways, you cannot have the new 2.2 layout without rooting and removing HTC Sense (this will be a lot of trouble).

Your best bet is to just go ahead and download launcherpro and modify it as you like. HTC Sense has some really awesome additions to the OS, but it also has a few limitations. You gotta take the bad with the good or dump it altogether, sorry.

3. nich7601

nich7601 Lurker
    None

Dec 12, 2010
    Cool, thanks. I had launcher pro on my eris anyway, no big deal. Thanks for your help!