• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Deep Sleep Problem.

HaTrEd360

Android Expert
Aug 18, 2012
Lately my phone has had a hard time waking up. Taking 10-30 seconds after I hit the lock button to wake up the screen so I can unlock it and actually use it. I have it on smartassv2 2xx min 16xx max so I have no idea what the issue is. Rebooting only fixes it for about an hour or 2. Any ideas?

Lately my phone has had a hard time waking up. Taking 10-30 seconds after I hit the lock button to wake up the screen so I can unlock it and actually use it. I have it on smartassv2 2xx min 16xx max so I have no idea what the issue is. Rebooting only fixes it for about an hour or 2. Any ideas?

Try setting the minimum to 3xx, see if that helps at all.

Upvote 0
Ugh didn't work. :/ 2-3 minutes after locking it, it failed to wake up like it should.

Did you install any alternative locker, like Holo Locker? There tends to be issues with Holo Locker at times. If not, then take a look at CPU Spy and see if the phone dips below 3xx at any time after locking it. The phone should deep sleep if you have the ROM with that feature (that's a feature of both Tagged and Sleipnir), but it should be able to wake up with little-to-no delay. If that still doesn't solve the problem, try wiping the cache and dalvik cache and rebooting to see if that might fix the issue.

Upvote 0
No Holo Locker. I'm using Cyanbread because I don't wanna lose my data and you know why I can't use Titanium Backup Artine... So I'm stuck with Cyanbread. I have the ICS Elite theme tho via Theme Chooser. I went ahead and restored a 2 day old nandroid and problem solved I guess.

Upvote 0
No Holo Locker. I'm using Cyanbread because I don't wanna lose my data and you know why I can't use Titanium Backup Artine... So I'm stuck with Cyanbread. I have the ICS Elite theme tho via Theme Chooser. I went ahead and restored a 2 day old nandroid and problem solved I guess.

Weird. Also, I didn't mention Titanium Backup for that reason.
And you don't have to lose your data either by switching to any ROM. Formatting /data is recommended, but by no means is it necessary (since it's highly unlikely anything you have in /data is going to get overwritten).

Upvote 0
Whenever I have installed any Rom for this phone if I don't format /data it does that boot loop shit on the "vmu" animation. (Only instead it's my animation.) But yeah, if I don't format /data and I boot the rom I want to install, it will boot for about a minute or two then the screen flashes a few times returning me.to the boot animation. I've gotten over not being able to flash a rom that works for me tho. I don't care. :p

Upvote 0
I know this is posted elsewhere, but just referential for you in the case that it may be helpful to understand your issue further....

SmartassV2:
Version 2 of the original smartass
governor from Erasmux. Another favorite
for many a people. The governor aim for
an "ideal frequency", and ramp up more
aggressively towards this freq and less
aggressive after. It uses different ideal
frequencies for screen on and screen off,
namely awake_ideal_freq and
sleep_ideal_freq. This governor scales
down CPU very fast (to hit
sleep_ideal_freq soon) while screen is off
and scales up rapidly to awake_ideal_freq
(500 mhz for GS2 by default) when
screen is on. There's no upper limit for
frequency while screen is off (unlike
Smartass). So the entire frequency range
is available for the governor to use during
screen-on and screen-off state. The
motto of this governor is a balance
between performance and battery.

Upvote 0
I know this is posted elsewhere, but just referential for you in the case that it may be helpful to understand your issue further....

SmartassV2:
Version 2 of the original smartass
governor from Erasmux. Another favorite
for many a people. The governor aim for
an "ideal frequency", and ramp up more
aggressively towards this freq and less
aggressive after. It uses different ideal
frequencies for screen on and screen off,
namely awake_ideal_freq and
sleep_ideal_freq. This governor scales
down CPU very fast (to hit
sleep_ideal_freq soon) while screen is off
and scales up rapidly to awake_ideal_freq
(500 mhz for GS2 by default) when
screen is on. There's no upper limit for
frequency while screen is off (unlike
Smartass). So the entire frequency range
is available for the governor to use during
screen-on and screen-off state. The
motto of this governor is a balance
between performance and battery.

I noticed that two while I was reading up on governors. That's the main reason I use a screen off profile of 245-245mhz, with setcpu. I figure hey, it can't hurt.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones