• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Default action in favourites widget help please

KingHenry8

Lurker
Oct 8, 2009
Hi, This is my first post on this forum but I have been following some of the news since I decided to get an Android phone. I am really loving the HTC Hero, I've got the brand Tmobile UK version and I have installed the new ROM. My query is about the favourites widget and the default action you assign. Some of my favourites are showing the 'information card' as the default action. I like this because I am often sending a mixture or emails and texts to the same person. But now when I add a new person to the favourites I can't find the information card (if it ever was there) and am having to use 'message' or 'phone mobile' ..etc..as the default action. How can I assign the information card as the default action even though its not an option ? I am really not sure how I managed to do it on with some of my favourites in the first place. Many thanks

Hi, This is my first post on this forum but I have been following some of the news since I decided to get an Android phone. I am really loving the HTC Hero, I've got the brand Tmobile UK version and I have installed the new ROM. My query is about the favourites widget and the default action you assign. Some of my favourites are showing the 'information card' as the default action. I like this because I am often sending a mixture or emails and texts to the same person. But now when I add a new person to the favourites I can't find the information card (if it ever was there) and am having to use 'message' or 'phone mobile' ..etc..as the default action. How can I assign the information card as the default action even though its not an option ? I am really not sure how I managed to do it on with some of my favourites in the first place. Many thanks

I also have this problem, How do you change the default action in a contact, I have tried in the contacts list but the widget just ignores the action?

Upvote 0
Try this KingHenry & Saint

1. Pull up the list of programs and run the "People" app
  2. Tap the the contact that you wish to edit
  3. Press the "Menu" button
  4. Tap on "More"
  5. Tap on "Set widget action"

You can skip 1 & 2 by tapping on the name of the contact in the Favourites widget, not the picture. ;)

This should give you a list of actions that select a default from. On my contacts I get the choice of;

• View Contact
  • Call Home
  • Call Work
  • Call Work Fax
  • Call Mobile
  • New Message (home number)
  • New Message (work number)
  • New Message (mobile number)
  • Send Mail

The list will vary depending on what information the contact card holds. But for you King, you need to select View Contact.

I hope that this helps you both. :)

Reactions: Saint2710
Upvote 0
The last post that you replied to was 4 months old - hardly likely to be 2.2 (and in any event you will only get 2.2 of you root).

I am running 2.1 and I can do exactly as the post suggests. When you try this are you in the people app (which is a long list of all your contaacts) or the people widget (which is a widget on your home screen which just lists your favourites). It is the People app (not widget) that is referred to.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones