• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Default Alarm sound

Syv3n

Dec 2, 2009
I used to be able to use Zedge as a choice to use differents sounds. I cant do it anymore and I do not know why. My girlfriends phone still has the option and I even tried to clear defaults and clear data from clock and ht sense and all that and it still doesn't let me. Any idea of how I can use different sounds for my default alarm clock. I used to be able to and my girlfriend still can.

Ok just so anyone was wondering I figured this out. If you want to use a zedge downloaded tone you can do that. If you have Zedge downloaded from the market it will prompt you when setting up the alarm at the sound choice part to use either com.ht.app.htcringtonepickeractivity or Zedge. I made the mistake of picking com.htc and clicking use as default last time and I had a hard time figuring out how to get this option back. If you did this already all you have to do is go to settings, applications, manage appliacations and then go to the application called com.htc and clear defaults and it should prompt you at the Alarm sound again to use Zedge. I like it because you can get way better sounds.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones