• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Default Albums App

e17phil

Sep 30, 2009
Hi

Not sure if I'm missing something really obvious here :)

When I take photos they all go into one folder.

In the Albums app I can't seem to create new folders to place photos into.

Am I missing something really obvious?

If I need an app does anyone have suggestions?

Cheers,

Phil

If you create a separate folder (called "Pictures" or whatever you like) and put your photos there, they should be detected by Album. Separate folders within that folder will be treated as separate "albums" within Album. I think you can have as many folders as you want as long as they're not under the DCIM folder. Heaven knows why it's designed this way!

Upvote 0
Get "Astro" file manager from the market, then use it to browse to your photos directory on the SD card (in the dcim dir), once you find the photos, bookmark the directory. Then create a new directory called "Pictures" or similar in the root of the SD card and put directories for different albums in there. Bookmark the "Pictures" directory in Astro. Then when you take some pictures you can use Astro to go to the camera images dir via the bookmark, view the thumbnails, select the files, use "Edit" then select "move", use the bookmark to go to the "Pictures" directory and move to or create a directory appropriate for the new pictures, go into it, select "edit" again and hit "paste" and the pictures you selected earlier will move from the camera dir to the new dir and will show up as a new album in the album app.

Upvote 0
Is there a way to combine "Camera shots" and "All photos" in one?
I used to have Camera shots, all shots and my_pix ( all the pics that i moved from my old phone via the sd card). I finally figured out how to get rid of that my_pix folder and have all of my pics in all shots and camera shots. Its fine, but whats the point if they are the same? I would understand if the pictures i save from texts were saved in all photos too, but they are saved separately in a folder called "Download". I looked through hancent sms settings but didnt find anything about folder settings for mms.

Any suggestions?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones